Question on Club Atlantica

GSRDPM

This is our first cruise with Costa and we were recently upgraded to a suite so we get two tickets to the club restaurant. There are four of us, so we may end up purchasing another two seats for the kids to eat with us. (They are well behaved and enjoy a nice meal experience which is one reason why we always eat dinner in the main dining room.) My question relates to when would be the best night of the cruise to eat at Club Atlantica. We are looking forward to the different themes and don't want to miss anything special in the main DR.

Opinions?

• 3 weeks later...

Your seward should put a menu under the door daily so have a look

I would think if you get your butler to make the reservation you will find you can sign your children in and probably wont have to pay

I certainly would use the restaurant and maybe you would like to use it if you have a day at sea Im sure you will enjoy

Your seward should put a menu under the door daily so have a look

I would think if you get your butler to make the reservation you will find you can sign your children in and probably wont have to pay

I certainly would use the restaurant and maybe you would like to use it if you have a day at sea Im sure you will enjoy

Just got back home tonight :(. You were right. The butler informed us that all four of us could dine in the Club Atlantica at no charge. He had recommended that we change our reservation to a night other than a formal gala evening. We picked the evening of our Puerto Rico departure as we would be on board by about 3 PM anyway, but that night ended up being the Toga night so we ended up switching to the final night of the cruise. It wasn't until that evening that we realized that we had made another bad choice. (Catholics + Fridays during Lent = no meat :(, :mad:!) Oh well - we still enjoyed the pasta, prawns, and Chilean sea bass. Unfortunately, the timing and length of the dinner prevented us from seeing the final show of the cruise.

BTW, the menu selections in Club Atlantica were considerably different from the offerings in the main restaurant.

GSRDPM- I see you had a suite on your cruise. What type of suite did you have? We have a PS and hope that it will be great. Have never had a suite but got a great deal on this one- aft corner so what can be bad? We plan to do the specialty restaurant as well but haven't decided what night to do it. I guess we will make that decision when we board. Any problems getting a reservation? On formal nights, how formal was everyone? Due to baggage restrictions we aren't planning to get overly dressed.

GSRDPM- I see you had a suite on your cruise. What type of suite did you have? We have a PS and hope that it will be great. Have never had a suite but got a great deal on this one- aft corner so what can be bad? We plan to do the specialty restaurant as well but haven't decided what night to do it. I guess we will make that decision when we board. Any problems getting a reservation? On formal nights, how formal was everyone? Due to baggage restrictions we aren't planning to get overly dressed.

We had a PS as well -6217 -and it was the first suite (first balcony!) for us. There are a few threads on here that discuss the layouts and benefits of "suite life" on Costa. Your PS is a little different than ours in that we had a little more space in the room but you will have an AWESOME balcony.

I tried to plan our night in club Atlantica for when we would not be missing anything special in the main DR. While I was looking at posts here to determine which theme would be which night, what we ended up experiencing was that the various theme nights are apparently not aways in the same order every cruise. For example, our Toga night was on fifth night as opposed to the last night as has been discussed on CC before. If you plan on participating on Toga night (many did), then you would want to be in the MDR for that. Our butler did not want us to miss any of the formal, gala evenings so we did not go to the Club Atlantica on those nights. That left either the first night (did not want to miss the intro to the serving staff or our tablemates), the informal Tropical night (the service staff in the MDR danced to festive, tropical music), informal Circus night (no dress theme, but they had circus type carnival games in the main atrium, or the last night of the cruise (after our Nassau stop). As I mentioned above, we chose the last night.

One other thing to consider. I don't know what dinner seating you have, but Club Atlantica opens at 7:30 and dinner will take a couple of hours. You will miss the main show on whatever evening you dine at the club restaurant as these start at 7:15 for second seating guests and at 9:15 or 9:30 (on one occasion) for first seating guests. The Caruso Theatre does not have a great seating layout. We found that we needed to get there about 30 minutes before showtime for a good seat that was not too far back or obstructed.

Archived