Experience with Select Dining

Shir Hayam

DH and I are veteran Celebrity cruisers. In the past, we have always chosen late seating and been perfectly happy. But on an upcoming Summit cruise to Bemuda we are considering switching to Select Dining. I'd love to hear from folks who've tried this on Celebrity. How does the service compare to traditional dining? What was it like having different dining companions each night? Overall, was the experience as satisfactory as with fixed seating?

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

Is is less dramatic than the MDR and traditional seatings. There is an absence of the familiar continuity that comes from the same table and the same servers each evening that are guided by learning what pleases you over the course of the cruise.

The only other difference we found was that the dining seemed to move at a bit of a faster pace, but we could have timed it with any one of the staff to slow it down too.

We enjoyed the tables for two, and they were plentiful. it was enjoyable to speak with neighbors and others we had seen while at other nearby tables. It was the best of all worlds for us, the cordial conversation and smiles with others without needing to speak with everyone for an extended period of time at larger tables.

We enjoyed Select on our busy TA, and we have chosen it again for our shorter upcoming October cruise. I will wait until we take that cruise to decide what we want to do for our next one.

Just got off the Millenium and as lst time cruisers with Celebrity we chose select dining and had a wonderful experience. We never waited for dinner and we requested 2 waiters that we particularly liked and that was not a problem either. We were a party of 4 but they were many tables for 2 and larger groups also. Would never choose a set dining time, we had a great trip. Hope this helps

I am cruising on the Summit this July and signed up for select. I have always dined second seating but just feel that it gets to be too late for eating such large meals so I am looking forward to eating at a more "normal" time (7ish).

Just got off the Millenium and as lst time cruisers with Celebrity we chose select dining and had a wonderful experience. We never waited for dinner and we requested 2 waiters that we particularly liked and that was not a problem either. We were a party of 4 but they were many tables for 2 and larger groups also. Would never choose a set dining time, we had a great trip. Hope this helps

Glad to hear the select dining worked well for you. Did you pick one time for the entire cruise or did you just show up each evening. Please tell me more. We are 5 women cruising on the Summit in May and have picked Select dining. We are all wondering how it works

Archived