Hong Kong Transfer

commodore2010

Yes, October last year. About $80.00 for Meet/Greet and transfer in a little Benz sedan. But we only used them because we came in from long flight/layovers and it was pretty last at night.

If your not to tired to cope, just get a cab and save the money. It will cost about 1/2 the limo cost. They are clean and the drivers speak English well enough. (Some speak better than I). The Taxi stand is just outside. Be sure to get a RED cab not green or blue.

j

Yes, October last year. About $80.00 for Meet/Greet and transfer in a little Benz sedan. But we only used them because we came in from long flight/layovers and it was pretty last at night.

If your not to tired to cope, just get a cab and save the money. It will cost about 1/2 the limo cost. They are clean and the drivers speak English well enough. (Some speak better than I). The Taxi stand is just outside. Be sure to get a RED cab not green or blue.

j

I am getting in late as well.....Did you need a prior reservation or did you just go to the counter in the arrival hall? Thank you for your help.

I made reservations online about a week in advance along with flight info.

How late are you coming in? I think they have a heavy surcharge if after 8-9 pm. Read the fine print.

Are you going directly to the ship? If you are going to a hotel they may have a shuttle or discount limo service if booked through them.

Also have used this company:

http://www.asiatravelcare.com/hong_kong/transport

j

How late are you coming in? I think they have a heavy surcharge if after 8-9 pm. Read the fine print.

Are you going directly to the ship? If you are going to a hotel they may have a shuttle or discount limo service if booked through them.

j

j

I don't land until after 11pm and won't get to the ship until about 1am. Regent said that the taxis will most likely just drop us off in the front of the Terminal/Mall, but a limo will go to the ships gangway. I don't know if this is true or not. Regent wasn't sure that the outside security detail at the terminal would be on duty that late.

Worst case scenerio is the terminal is closed and I walk over to the Intercontinental for the night:).

How late did you get there? Where did they drop you off?

Thanks for your insight.

The taxis and Limo's goes around the back of the mall and right to the end of the pier. AFAIK, the Limo won't get you any closer to the ship than a Taxi. The gangway is on the second or third level. The gate security will check your ID/Passport and your ticket. I do not think that you will have any problem getting there even at 1 AM. The stores in the mall are closed, but the mall is open. At that time, many of the crew are just starting to leave the ship to go into town. T

he only thing I dont know about is finding a porter or someone to help you with your bags if you have to haul them through the mall.

I assume that the ship will let you board then at 1 AM? Have your T/A clear that with Regent.

Maybe someone else know about late night embarking at Hong Kong.

j

JMARINER,

Thank you for your help.

Regent assured us that arriving at 1am wont be a problem. They did not know if security would be manning the gate at that hour. We will probably have to walk trough the mall. We only have three bags that all roll, so we should be ok if that happens.

Thanks again for your insight.

May I just say what an interesting thread this is. A question .......TA couldn't cope with, yet someone with experience on this board has been able to give detailed guidance.

Exactly what a forum like this should and does deliver.

I wish that I knew as much as my agent does as she is the one who originally got me the limo and taxi information for Hong Kong. My agent works her **** off to make my cruise experience as great as possible. She knows the answers to questions I don't even think to ask.

As far as getting info like this from the cruise line, I agree with you. Many times they are useless or just plain wrong.

j

I wish that I knew as much as my agent does as she is the one who originally got me the limo and taxi information for Hong Kong. My agent works her **** off to make my cruise experience as great as possible. She knows the answers to questions I don't even think to ask.

As far as getting info like this from the cruise line, I agree with you. Many times they are useless or just plain wrong.

j

My point was that the OP sought information from this board on an abtruse matter which was worrying him and the board (you, MARINER) through experience could provide an answer.

I wasn't trying to start yet another war between the value of a TA and direct booking.

Archived