Naughty Room??

jlens2009

I have heard of the 'Naughty Room' and the rumors that alcohol - containing luggage is held there. :confused:I am throwing the challenge flag out onto the field here!:confused: I was on the Serenade about a year ago and I had a bottle of rum in my luggage which was caught by RCL. My bag was delivered, less the bottle, and a note was enclosed saying that my booze had been confiscated and would not be returned.

Perhaps one of the classes of RCL ships has a dedicated room. It seems that the Radiance class does not seem to have one. Is there anyone here that ACTUALLY, PERSONALLY was brought to the 'Naughty Room' to claim their luggage due to it containing booze? If not this may just be a cruiser 'urban legend'.

Yeah, I have read these posts before (and like ones). But I am curious why, if there was a Naughty Room, they just opened my luggage and took my rum? I could understand not wanting to face me if you are swiping my rum :D I suppose . . . But really, if there is a 'Naughty Room' why do only some people seem to say they are called there? Again, what ship (ships) are these rooms on? Apparently not on the Serenade, where my experience happened.

Texasmunk - saw your reply just after I posted. So the Rhapsody has one?

Yes it is a fact that if you attempt to smuggle booze,iron,knives & wine you will be called to the ROOM.

If you are successful in your booze smuggling attempt the you are an urban Legend.If you are not an experienced smuggler save yourself the embarrasment and the dreaded room.

I have heard from other posts that rum runners work,they are all plastic,an excellent purchase for those so inclined to be successful.

NOT IN YOUR CARRY-ON LUGGAGE ( this is meant for the newbie's ):D

On the Mariner it is not so much a room as the hallway with the scanner in it. Our bag lost its tags -- all of them :eek: -- and we ended up in the "naughty" room. Bags with irons or booze were on the left -- bags with no tags were on the right. Our bag was on the right and they apologized for the inconvenience and away we went -- rum runner in tact :D

I have heard of the 'Naughty Room' and the rumors that alcohol - containing luggage is held there. :confused:I am throwing the challenge flag out onto the field here!:confused: I was on the Serenade about a year ago and I had a bottle of rum in my luggage which was caught by RCL. My bag was delivered, less the bottle, and a note was enclosed saying that my booze had been confiscated and would not be returned.

Perhaps one of the classes of RCL ships has a dedicated room. It seems that the Radiance class does not seem to have one. Is there anyone here that ACTUALLY, PERSONALLY was brought to the 'Naughty Room' to claim their luggage due to it containing booze? If not this may just be a cruiser 'urban legend'.

I was called down on the Radiance. They thought I had liquor--I had water. I wasn't treated very nicely either. I was surprised by the number of people who bring on irons. There must have been 50 people waiting to explain why they had contraband in their luggage.

Pamela

Tucson

Archived