Dec or Mar for southern Caribbean?

Hi all,

Trying to decide if we want to take a cruise in December for our anniversary or wait until March? Is the weather better or same in March? We are thinking of 12/3-12 sailing or 3/__? We would be doing the 9 day southern caribbean on the Dawn. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

The "crowd" might be something to consider too. In March you are going to have a lot of spring breakers.

Hi all,

Trying to decide if we want to take a cruise in December for our anniversary or wait until March? Is the weather better or same in March? We are thinking of 12/3-12 sailing or 3/__? We would be doing the 9 day southern caribbean on the Dawn. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

My feelings and they are just opinions, March is spring break depending on where you live, so if you sail anytime after say, the frist week of March thru the week after Easter the ship is going to have more families. Depending on how you feel about that, March does have better weather. The first week of Dec is one of the least desirable at sea. Even then, it isn't going to be bad, just iffy..We have sailed early Dec or last week of Nov 3 times (all So Caribbean) always there have been a few less than perfect days with some rain.

Nita

If price is a consideration I would choose Dec. I have always found better deals then. The weather is usually really nice. Sometimes the water at the beach can be rougher than usual. Just depends on the storm pattern. There will not be many children unless you go around the holidays.

March will definitely have a large number of college students on spring break so it can get a little crazy on board! I usually have not seen many school age children unless Easter break fall during the time you go. I have found it harder to get a good deal on cruises and air during this time due to large number of college students headed to FL.

We decided to always go Southern route in January or the traditional "winter" months. When we were there before, it was simply gorgeous. 80-85 degrees in every port. A short rain shower in Antigua and some rough seas between St. Thomas and Dominica is the only bad weather we experienced.

We did the Western route in January last year and it wasn't as warm as we'd have liked. Lesson learned. ;)

I don't think you'll see a lot of Spring Breakers on a 9 night cruise. Cost and the length of the cruise will deter most of them.

Archived