Helsinki port info

sddsddean

After I have done some checks things looks brighter. Guess my first reply was too pessimistic.

Yes, local traffic will definitely be running, following Sunday time tables.

Seems like at least some of the cafes/restaurants are open too, also following Sunday opening times and sights and museums seems to be ok as well.

There are new Finnish laws this year regarding stores and shops, giving them considerable more free hands so select when to keep open. Not sure what law says about Ascension day and if positive, what stores will use the opportunity.

Thank you for your help! Would you know which tram/bus to take to go by the Rock Church and Olympic stadium? Do you know if the market would be open as well? We have seen all of these places before on our previous Baltic cruises but our daughter has not. Is there something we should see that you would especially recommend?:)

Would you know which tram/bus to take to go by the Rock Church and Olympic stadium? Do you know if the market would be open as well?

It depends on from where you start of course. But tram 3T will pass close to both while trams 4 and 10 will pass close to the stadium. Busses 14/14B will take you close to the church.

Stop for Rock church is "Kauppakorkakoulut" (3T, 14)

Stop for Stadium is "Ooppera" or "Töölön Halli" (3T, 4, 10)

http://www.hel.fi/wps/portal/HKL_en/?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/HKL/en/Etusivu

I assume the market will be open from 10 am to 5 pm but will be a bit different from normal.

It depends on from where you start of course. But tram 3T will pass close to both while trams 4 and 10 will pass close to the stadium. Busses 14/14B will take you close to the church.

Stop for Rock church is "Kauppakorkakoulut" (3T, 14)

Stop for Stadium is "Ooppera" or "Töölön Halli" (3T, 4, 10)

http://www.hel.fi/wps/portal/HKL_en/?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/HKL/en/Etusivu

I assume the market will be open from 10 am to 5 pm but will be a bit different from normal.

Thanks for your help!

Archived