Need help!

tamsvaca

Hello all of you veterans! I have only cruised 1 other time & fell in love. We did Disney Wonder at that time. I now have 11 & 14 year old boys looking to cruise over Spring Break. Can anyone please tell me....are there plenty of families on the Carnival ships at this time or is it a lot of college spring breakers partying? Don't get me wrong, I am all for a good time & don't begrudge the students having a great time, I just want to be careful of what my boys see. Honestly, we are going with another family & will certainly do some partying ourselves (as much as this old lady can handle of course), I am just wondering what to expect.

Thanks, in advance, for any help that you can give me.;)

You won't find unattended teens...you have to be 21 to sail alone. We've never noticed "frat house" behavior from folks during spring break (which runs from Mar-Apr)...I'm not sure what you think your kids will "see"....so don't be afraid. There will be ALOT of families and your kids will be in the "camp" (I would imagine) a good deal of the time....kids LOVE it!

Most College Kids will probably take 5 day cruises so if you want to avoid the College spring breakers take a 7 day or longer cruise . We experienced this 2 years ago on a 5 day cruise out of Miami. The pool areas, bars were very crowded but all in all the students were very well mannered and well behaved . The cruise directors certainly earned their keep that week by keeping the students entertained from early morning to very late into the night.

We cruised last year during the kids spring break and there were mostly families with kids on board. Our kids are 15, 10 and 8 and we wanted to make sure we sailed when there were plenty of kids on board. There were lots of kids and all were well behaved. My kids had a blast! I guess the college kids were well behaved too as I didn't even notice them. Ya'll will have a great time!

OP-- We have cruised 4 times over Spring Break. We have seen a combination of families and college kids but never have we experienced any problems. The college kids were appropriate. We've also seen all ages of kids, teens etc... Your children will have a good time and so will you.

Archived