Teens/young adults on board?

jdaa

We have back-to-back 7 day Mediterranean cruises on hold on the Legend in late June/early July. We are planning to take our 22 year old daughter and 18 year old son. Will there be anyone else their age on board? I'd love to hear from others who have taken children this age on Seabourn cruises. Our daughter loves to travel and has lived outside the US. Our son is interested in art and plans to study architecture in college. Otherwise, they are mature but pretty typical for their ages. Thanks for any help!

At that time of the year..the chances are greater for others of their age to be a aboard. If they get along well with adults..there should be no problem. When we took our daugter along for the first time she was a little over thirty and had reservations about how she would fare. Much to our surprise..she made friends with the oldest ones on the ship and loved the associations. If they are resilient..they will have a great time.

I think it really depends on what they want from the cruise. If they are looking for a bit of "action" in terms of partying and relationships with others of their age then they may be disappointed. You really need to know your kids and their likes and dislikes.

For example, my son aged 29 would enjoy Seabourn, my daughter aged 22 would not.

At that time of the year..the chances are greater for others of their age to be a aboard. If they get along well with adults..there should be no problem. When we took our daugter along for the first time she was a little over thirty and had reservations about how she would fare. Much to our surprise..she made friends with the oldest ones on the ship and loved the associations. If they are resilient..they will have a great time.

A little over 30 is a different lifestyle to someone of 22 and 18. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I can tell you now we will be travelling with our daughters aged 20, 23 and 25 plus they will all have, one a husband and the other two will have friends with them. We are having a celebration......

For all the people who do not want young adults with them we are going 26th June but they join us on 3rd July, Legend.

We have just got off from Odyssey Sydney to Hong Kong and we were waiting to see if we stick to the smaller ships or go for the big one. Well as lovely as she is we prefer the 'sisters'.

Our girls have been with us on Legend and Spirit for the last 5 years and they love it, we all dress for dinner and so many fellow passengers have said how lovely it is to see young people on board.

So I hope you have a great time and we will see you there.

Well I can tell you now we will be travelling with our daughters aged 20, 23 and 25 plus they will all have, one a husband and the other two will have friends with them. We are having a celebration......

For all the people who do not want young adults with them we are going 26th June but they join us on 3rd July, Legend.

We have just got off from Odyssey Sydney to Hong Kong and we were waiting to see if we stick to the smaller ships or go for the big one. Well as lovely as she is we prefer the 'sisters'.

Our girls have been with us on Legend and Spirit for the last 5 years and they love it, we all dress for dinner and so many fellow passengers have said how lovely it is to see young people on board.

Your young people are adults...who would not enjoy their company and the young laughter? Enjoy, Lola

I am so happy that your group has chosen the Legend! We will look forward to meeting you on the first leg of your cruise. I can't wait to tell my daughter about your three girls and how much they have enjoyed their previous cruises!!

Darla

We have back-to-back 7 day Mediterranean cruises on hold on the Legend in late June/early July. We are planning to take our 22 year old daughter and 18 year old son. Will there be anyone else their age on board? I'd love to hear from others who have taken children this age on Seabourn cruises. Our daughter loves to travel and has lived outside the US. Our son is interested in art and plans to study architecture in college. Otherwise, they are mature but pretty typical for their ages. Thanks for any help!

They will have a great time. My son and his GF (19 years old) were on the Xmas cruise on the Legend and loved it. He has been on Seabourn 3 times but she was never on a cruise. She thought she died and went to heaven.

There should be young adults in their age bracket. I usually cruise around that time of year and have always seen that age group. The cruises you are on will do France and either Spain and/or Italy. What great historical and architectural sites there on.

No worries, you will all have a great time

I have to agree. There were so many people saying how lovely it was to see my son and his GF onboard. We of course won trivia and their useful (young) brains helped, though I pulled out two answers that amazed them. As people thought they were brother and sister I ended up with a lot of compliments on my "kids"

They will have a great time. My son and his GF (19 years old) were on the Xmas cruise on the Legend and loved it. He has been on Seabourn 3 times but she was never on a cruise. She thought she died and went to heaven.

There should be young adults in their age bracket. I usually cruise around that time of year and have always seen that age group. The cruises you are on will do France and either Spain and/or Italy. What great historical and architectural sites there on.

No worries, you will all have a great time

That is so very encouraging--thank you for posting!

Archived