Balcony Rooms

bobblabber

I was wondering, with the walls curved in the balcony state rooms where the bed would be. If u chooses one where the wider part is next to the balcony do u think the bed would be there or more room for the sofa? All the pics i can find have the wider part when u walk in.

I booked room 12175 months ago and then saw better deckplans and switched to 12177 because it seems to be the one with the bed near the balcony not the sink! My brother also switched rooms for the same reason. Cant wait to be IN that room... :D

Where did you find these deck plans?

I booked room 12175 months ago and then saw better deckplans and switched to 12177 because it seems to be the one with the bed near the balcony not the sink! My brother also switched rooms for the same reason. Cant wait to be IN that room... :D

Where did you get those plans? I'd also like to be sure my bed is near the balcony and not the sink...

Where did you get those plans? I'd also like to be sure my bed is near the balcony and not the sink...

Just book a cabin with the bump on the balcony side of the cabin on the regular deckplans. Those floorplans were on the NCL Epic website for a long time. Being a pack rat I saved copies on my PC.

I can still post all the deckplans from the Norway or any picture from the old webpages from that blue lady

05_clbint.jpg.9866bf4e4f6f70cb384b809cedd3f781.jpg

Wow thanks for the heads up. I have looked at the deck plans and the cabin photos many times but never made the connection that they would have to alternate in layout. The only problem is all the 4 person cabins have the couch next the the balcony. I guess my kids get the good view. At least we wont wake them when we come in late.

Wow thanks for the heads up. I have looked at the deck plans and the cabin photos many times but never made the connection that they would have to alternate in layout. The only problem is all the 4 person cabins have the couch next the the balcony. I guess my kids get the good view. At least we wont wake them when we come in late.

I was so excited at this news and then noticed this about the quads while trying to choose a room. Bummer. They won't appreciate this as much as hubby and I:-)

T

Wow - this does make sense, as the curve makes part of one cabin bigger and the other smaller in that part of the cabin. We prefer the couch near the door since we sit on the couch and take in the fresh air, etc. Some like the opposite.

I am thinking about changing cabins for this reason, but who knows how ACCURATE the floor plans are until they get onboard? Would be mad if I switched only to find out they were the opposite.

Oh well.

That's a coincidence.....for our January 15th Epic cruise I asked our PCC to choose the "best" balcony cabin. My only condition was that for it to be under and over other cabins, no public spaces. He put us in 12177!

We just rebooked into 13280, and aft facing balcony for our Epic October sailing. We had a deluxe family balcony that we had upgraded to, but being just my wife and I, space is not a big deal and we thought we'd try an aft balcony instead. (Plus we saved a couple hundred bucks)

We also just booked an aft cabin for August- Eastern Caribbean, 12315. Glad I looked here first, had never considered the position of the bed/ curve. We chose one with the bed close to balcony. Can't wait!

We prefer the couch near the door since we sit on the couch and take in the fresh air, etc. Some like the opposite.

Oh well.

We feel the same way. Plus it is comfortable when we have friends over, a few on the balcony, and a few sitting inside on the couch, which is so close to balcony that the conversation flows nicely . It works very well for us. Can't wait to cruise on the Epic!!!

Neverthought

I'm in a cabin where the bed is closer to the sink but I don't mind.... I am on a cruise in a balcony cabin! Yay! That's good enough to me.... look forward to some breakfasts out on there too! :)

• 2 years later...
That's a coincidence.....for our January 15th Epic cruise I asked our PCC to choose the "best" balcony cabin. My only condition was that for it to be under and over other cabins, no public spaces. He put us in 12177!

I'm sailing on the epic on April 7 and we have room 12177, balcony. We decided if we were going on our first cruise then a balcony was the way to go. Could you tell me a little about the room? Is the balcony nice and covered, uninstructed ? Also is there a DVD player in the room or a way to hook up RCA inputs to the tv (one red, white and yellow input- like on a DVD player or wii). I have an iPad and wanted to watch movies from it on the tv screen if possible.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Archived