Price Adjustment on MSC?

Sinjin

If you book an MSC cruise and the price then drops, can you get a refund or an adjustment?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!!

Ours dropped about $150pp. Usually cruise lines like to reward early bookers to encourage them, like upgrades, refunds, SBC's. Our TA called MSC about it, and they said no compensation, but they would put our name on an upgrade list if available on condition that we accept whatever upgrade they come up with.

If you book an MSC cruise and the price then drops, can you get a refund or an adjustment?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!!

We've not always been successful with price adjustments on different cruise lines. Once final payment is made, it seems more difficult to get an adjustment or credit. For example, MSC is still offering a few specials for some upcoming cruises. However, we have found that the prices are more than what we've paid once it all balances out as we are cruising Easter week. We are getting a small shipboard credit. Better than nothing I guess...:p

On NCL, we had previously booked and then a sale was advertised. Our booking was canceled and rebooked in the same cabin for the lower price.

All in all, guess it will always depend on the circumstances.

I've always had to pay the price quoted to me when I made the booking. never had an adjustment but then again as I always book through a UK TA, it would not occur to me to ask for one either. In the UK it is the same process no matter whether you are booking any form of travel or accomodation.

Archived