Victory 1/9 Review

BabsandPaul

Enjoyed your review. We were on the Victory at Christmas so I was quite interested to read your review. There were 8 of us 19 to 83 years. While I had a good time and certainly did not feel it was bad value for the money--my husband and I footed the bill for our 4 grown children who are all in university, I did think there were some flaws. For instance there was a sewage smell present on the pool decks. We live in the country where we have open lagoons for sewage and I know a sewage smell. It was very unpleasant. Also even though the ship was full to maximum 3500 pax 1200 of which were children, they often had only one pool open. Deck chairs were usually available though. Also I found the room service to have very long waits--45 minutes to 90 minutes. My son and I also got sick but i am sure it was from fish as we both ate it and were both better again the next day. It didn't slow us down too much --only for about 10 hrs. We still enjoyed our vacation but we are going to try HAL the next time. I'm wondering if that is the cruiseline you referred to that had a bunch of stuffy people. Hahaha ;-)

MEH

Mercury 02

Victory 04

Volendam 05

Smidge, Thanks for your comments..actually we have cruised only on Carnival and thoroughly enjoyed our experiences with them. We learned from CC members here to basically ignore the small annoyances that are a part of most cruises and have a good time, which we did. The people who referred to their cruiseline as "stuffy" (Their words not mine), I believe were sailing on Royal Caribbean. Paul

Archived