New Canopy Tour Open To All!!

Marcys

Another poster got a similar e-mail and posted on another thread, but I wanted to start one just for this canopy tour since there are soooooomany questions about this. Here's the response I got complete with all the contact info which I hope I'm allowed to post!! Hopefully, people will try this new canopy tour and post about it. Here it is:

Hi there,

I finally have some info for you!

There is a brand new canopy tour and it is awesome! It has 20 platforms, with swing bridges, climbing wall and it is through fantastic jungle. There are two ways of doing the tour, one is to do it by yourselves, so making your own way to the canopy tour, which is $55 per head. The second option is to have our guide collect you, take you to the canopy tour, and after they take you down to the beach resort, where they feed you a light island lunch and you can use the swimming pool and private beach. The second tour is $85 per head and includes transport, canopy tour, lunch and use of facilities.

Let me know what you think.

Take care,

Sandra

-----------------------------------------------------

Sandra Sampayo

Reservations Director

TropicalREZ

Harbour Centre, French Harbour

Roatan, Bay Islands

US Toll Free: 1-877-540-9692

US phone: 1-702-940-0735

US Fax: 1-786-549-0129

Roatan phone +504 455-7853

Roatan Fax: +504 455-7841

info@tropicalrez.com

http://www.tropicalrez.com

Here's a response I got to some questions I asked about the canopy tour. Anyone heard of Palmetto Bay Plantation?? Here it is:

Hi there,

They don't have a website up and running yet, but they have promised to bring me pictures to send my clients. The guides are very flexible, so they will be happy to stop at Las Palmas for gift shopping and you can stop them any time you want to take pictures. Also, the beach that you get taken to is Palmetto Bay Plantation, and I have attached a picture of the pool and beach.

I'll send you some pictures as soon as I have them.

Take care,

Sandra

seems really expensive....This is on the North side of the Island. Has anyone ever been to the north side? Is the snorkeling as good as the west end? Here are some links I found on Palmetto Bay Plantation, sounds pretty sweet.

Recently seen on Fox's Temptation Island - "British Version"

http://www.palmettobayplantation.com/

http://www.roatanbayisland.com/palmettobay.cfm

I got th esame email, when I wante dto sign up sandra told me that there wasn't enough people signed up on th eday I wanted so the company wouldn't pick me up. I woul dhave to do the cheaper tour and find my self over there. Company says it has to have at least 4 people to pick up.

I'm sailing on the Valor April 3rd

Thanks for that feedback, stevedam. I have 4 in my family, so I guess we're covered. I'm also sailing on a CC group cruise on Carnival Valor on June 12 and we have others that want to do this tour. Do you know anything about Palmetto Bay Plantation? I would just like to get some more feedback on this canopy tour before I book since it's new.

Steve, my family is on that same sailing, and DH and I want to do the tour as well. I think we're going to go on our own because we are leaving DDs (9 & 2) and grandparents on board the ship while we do the tour. It sounds like a great day trip, but I don't want to be away from my girls all day. Do you have any other information about the tour?

Awesome news!

Do you have any idea how long the DYI canopy tour takes? I would like my hubby to do it while we wait for him, we have a 2year old so I have to watch her instead : )

I was hoping to get a taxi tour to the iguana farm while he was doing this.

So, private taxi from the cruise ship, then first to the canopy tour drop him off or wait, then to iguana farm then to a beach just to hang out. Prefer snorkeling location from the beach if possible. is that all possible?

Jenn

Awesome news!

Do you have any idea how long the DYI canopy tour takes? I would like my hubby to do it while we wait for him, we have a 2year old so I have to watch her instead : )

I was hoping to get a taxi tour to the iguana farm while he was doing this.

So, private taxi from the cruise ship, then first to the canopy tour drop him off or wait, then to iguana farm then to a beach just to hang out. Prefer snorkeling location from the beach if possible. is that all possible?

Jenn

You need to bring the grandparents along to babysit while you play!;) DH and I are planning on making the DIY tour our date for the week - I figure our girls will be fine with the grandparents for a few hours and then we want to take them to a beach.

When are you going?

I own a house at Palmetto. It's a beautiful beach, with the restaurant/bar and pool right on the beach. You can't go wrong there. I have a few pictures of Palmetto on the website for my house if you want to see it at

http://www.roatanliving.com/rentals/villadelsol.html. Scroll down to the bottom to see the Palmetto Beach. It's usually pretty empty....so no crowds...very nice!

I own a house at Palmetto. It's a beautiful beach, with the restaurant/bar and pool right on the beach. You can't go wrong there. I have a few pictures of Palmetto on the website for my house if you want to see it at

www.roatanliving.com/rentals/villadelsol.html. Scroll down to the bottom to see the Palmetto Beach. It's usually pretty empty....so no crowds...very nice!

How does the snorkeling compare to West End (Tabanya Beach, ect.)? Are there any good reefs in Palmetto Beach?

gquest-

I had been wondering the same thing about the snorkeling at Palmetto. My goal for Roatan is: great snorkeling and the canopy tour.

While I don't have an informed answer, from what I've found online, no one is touting it as a great snorkel spot and the few pics of snorkeling I've seen (a whopping 3), none show coral- just fish and a star fish.

If I get a solid answer about the greatness of Palmetto snorkeling, I'm going to Tabyana beach and 'taking my chances' with their canopy tour. I've emailed them and they told me I could take the Carnival Tabyana beach excursion and just go to them for the canopy tour.

Gatorclaw -

I was thinking of doing the same thing myself, maybe utilizing Victor Bodden. I emailed Victor and he told me that he could arrange a canopy tour for $55 pp + his usual $25 tour charge. I also, heard a rumour that www.shoretrips.com was going to start offering a canopy tour on January 24, 2005, but I have yet to see anything that reflects this on their site, as of yet. I am a little nervous about going through Victor because I have read post, from a couple of people on this forum, that had been told they could do this tour through him and then they were turned away upon arrival because NCL passengers had the whole thing booked. Let me know if you find out any more information on the subject and I will do the same. Thanks....George :)

Archived