Bringing beer home?

utseabee

My husband LOVES his beer, and we are planning on touring the breweries in Fairbanks and Juneau, and would love to bring home some samples to share with the neighbors.

I know the ship will hold any that we bring on board, (fine by us) but our cruise ends in Vancouver, and we are flying home to CA. First, will be allowed to bringbeer into a "foreign" country? (canada) Also,since liquids are not allowed in carryons anymore, would beer be safe to pack in checked bags?

My husband LOVES his beer, and we are planning on touring the breweries in Fairbanks and Juneau, and would love to bring home some samples to share with the neighbors.

I know the ship will hold any that we bring on board, (fine by us) but our cruise ends in Vancouver, and we are flying home to CA. First, will be allowed to bringbeer into a "foreign" country? (canada) Also,since liquids are not allowed in carryons anymore, would beer be safe to pack in checked bags?

It comes under the standard duty free allowance, which I believe is 24 beer to enter Canada as a tourist

Not to take the excitement out of the whole thing, but I know Bev Mo' carries The Alaska Brewing Company's beer for sure. :D Go to the tastinga the brewery, find some great flavors, go home, buy it there and no one will be the wiser. The weight and possible explosion/breakage in your luggage just doesn't seem worth it to me.

We are the same way you are, but did not bring home any beer. But we were very happy to see Bev Mo carried all of Alaskan Beer different types including the smoked beer and of course White beer(my fav). Now we have carried both to and from wine in our checked luggage with no problem. We just wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it in the middle of our luggage. For extra protection, we also put it in the largest baggies you can buy. They come 12 in a box(the baggies). So, the choice is yours.

Archived