Booking online?

rfholcom

I am fully deposited, I am within 180 days of cruising (179 to be exact) and my booking number is registered with Carnival. But I can not seem to be able to book my shore excursions. When I call Carnival, they told me I had to be paid in full-not just deposit. I told them that the website indicates fully deposited. The person at Carnival said fully deposited means paid in full My final payment is due in May so do I have to wait until then to book? When I click on the "book shore excursions" it just gives me a loop back to the view shore excursions. What should I be seeing? Also, is full payment due on each excursion or a deposit? The website seems to indicate a deposit but I would think it would be paid in full.

Thanks

'Fully deposited' simply means you have paid your deposit. If booking excursions can be done only after final payment, you aren't there yet. You haven't made your final payment, so you aren't paid in full....you've only made your deposit. Seems simple to me.:confused:

Hey Rfholcom,

You can book excursions when deposited. However, I think it's only on certain sailings now. They are working through all ships and sailings, and all should be available by mid Feb. I've heard.

When you can do it, "Add Shore Excursions" will show up on your reservation page instead of View Shore Excursions.

Oh, and you pay for the excursions up front in whole. :)

I am fully deposited, I am within 180 days of cruising (179 to be exact) and my booking number is registered with Carnival. But I can not seem to be able to book my shore excursions. When I call Carnival, they told me I had to be paid in full-not just deposit. I told them that the website indicates fully deposited. The person at Carnival said fully deposited means paid in full My final payment is due in May so do I have to wait until then to book? When I click on the "book shore excursions" it just gives me a loop back to the view shore excursions. What should I be seeing? Also, is full payment due on each excursion or a deposit? The website seems to indicate a deposit but I would think it would be paid in full.

Thanks

You just spoke with a clueless Carnival Rep. Since you just passed the 180 mark I would keep trying to book. It might allow you access in the next few days. The full deposit requirement is basically stipulated because some group cruises allow partial deposits to be placed to hold a cabin.

Here is the policy from the carnival website:

Already booked your "Fun Ship" cruise? If your cruise sails on or after February 12, 2005, and you’ve made a full deposit, you can book your shore excursions online now! Simply go to the My Reservation page and select “Add Shore Excursions.”

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/Shore_Ex_FAQ_Landing.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_HowToBook.aspx

How do I book and/or receive information on Carnival shore excursions?

spacer.gifYou can visit http://www.carnival.com and browse through the shore excursions section online. Here you will find detailed information regarding the various shore excursions that may be offered at the destinations and ports your cruise visits. If you are within 180 days of sailing, have a valid booking number and have met all deposit requirements for each guest you will be booking shore excursions for, you may book online. Some excursions have a limited capacity so booking early may ensure that the excursions you want are available.

Upon boarding your ship, you will find a detailed listing of all available excursions for your cruise. You will also receive a shore excursion order form -- listing all of the prices, departure times and meeting places for each excursion -- as well as instructions on how to book these excursions onboard. Some of our ships offer an interactive television system, which allows you to book your excursions from the convenience of your stateroom.

Thanks for the info - I'm fully deposited on the maiden voyage for the Liberty on 7/20 but, not yet paid in full. I thought I was the only one having problems trying to book shore excursions. Doesn't make sense that they'd advertise to book online and not have it operational - why it took them this long to join the other cruise lines is beyond me. Anyhow, does anyone know when and if they're going to get the system up and running properly? Thanks.

Vinnie

Going on the Miracle in April and booked my shore excursions, it was like buying anything on line you add it to your cart and at the end you pay for them in full with a credit card. I personally like this as I will have more money available on my sun and sail card which we had to use when we sailed on our last cruise on the Glory.

Archived