B.Y.O. Grog.

dickwho

I have looked at the alcohol policy that the shipping lines have and it's very obvious why they don't want passengers taking their own liquor on board.

We came back from the U.K. two years ago on the QE2, and though their policy was restrictive, I was able to take bottled wine back on board at all ports.

I see that P & O Australia have a no alcohol to be carried on board policy, except when embarking, and then you are permitted one bottle of champagne or wine for personal consumption.

We are travelling on the Dawn Princess in May for 3 months and as my wife and I both enjoy a couple of glass of wine before dinner, it would be much more economical and satisfying to take some of our own, and back them up at ports where bottled wine can be purchased.

The stuff they sell on board by the glass, is in my opinion rubbish and they make certain that the tide is well out with the contents of the wine glass.

I've been given conflicting information about this issue, and if it is or isn't enforced. So any additional information would be appreciated.

Dick

You can normally buy a bottle of wine onboard to have with your meal and what you don't drink, they put your name on it and bring it out the next night. I have done this. I guess they do want you to spend onboard, makes sense really.

I see that P & O Australia have a no alcohol to be carried on board policy, except when embarking, and then you are permitted one bottle of champagne or wine for personal consumption.

We are travelling on the Dawn Princess in May for 3 months and as my wife and I both enjoy a couple of glass of wine before dinner, it would be much more economical and satisfying to take some of our own, and back them up at ports where bottled wine can be purchased.

The stuff they sell on board by the glass, is in my opinion rubbish and they make certain that the tide is well out with the contents of the wine glass.

I've been given conflicting information about this issue, and if it is or isn't enforced. So any additional information would be appreciated.

Dick

Dick you are cruising with Princess Australia and they allow you to bring wine onboard...on our Sun Princess cruise we took two on to start with and then two each port of call no problems.....cheers Shiona

I have looked at the alcohol policy that the shipping lines have and it's very obvious why they don't want passengers taking their own liquor on board.

We came back from the U.K. two years ago on the QE2, and though their policy was restrictive, I was able to take bottled wine back on board at all ports.

Dick

Dick just like rocky says in the dinning room you can buy a bottle of wine with dinner and it will be held over to the next night if it is not finished... ( didn't happen much at our table LOL )

At each port you can take a bottle of wine ( no spirits ) no questions asked..... when we left sydney on the dawn princess last year we took 3 bottles of wine between the 2 of us and we didn't have any problems...

At xmas when we went on the sun princess we took a 2ltr cask of wine ... fits nicely in the fridge... again no probs....

we also took a carton of coke for the kids ..... when we do the world Garry's plan is to take a six pack of beer on at each port also...

Joanne

Dick

G'day dickwho from TBL, welcome to CC. Yes, as I discussed with you some time ago, no problems on Princess taking a couple of bottles of wine on at embarkation and at each port. See you around.

You will get the good cruise tips on CC.

Archived