Celebrity Solstice Cabin 9237 info please

top_frog

Hi,

We will be on the Solstice in march for the 7 day eastern caribbean cruise. I have searched the boards and didn't find any specific info in the cabin compilation sticky or any specific info on this cabin. I just know its on the list of cabins with a bigger balcony.

From looking at the deck layout and taking bits and pieces of info from other posts, this is what I have come up with. Just looking for some confirmation and any additional info if possible.

Cabin: 9237 (1A)

Location: Port side (left side of ship if you are facing forwards), 1st cabin off the flat portion of the hump towards the aft (rear of the ship).

Balcony: I have read that the 1st and 3rd cabins off of the flat part of the hump have the bigger sized balconies. This is the 1st one off of the flat part of the hump.

Room setup: The sofa bed sleeps 2 and there is 1 upper berth. Not sure how this correlates to the bed being by the balcony or the sofa. Can one tell? Does this even matter?

Other questions:

Does "bigger balcony" = deeper balcony. I don't think the width changes, just added space from the angle part.

Since this is the 1st cabin after the flat part of the hump, will we have any troubles looking forwards or will this be obstructed? I would think that the other angled rooms will have visibility issues since they are farther back on the angle, but this is right next to the flat part.

If this is a deeper balcony, do we get lounge chairs or just the regular 2 chairs and a table.

Thanks everyone for the info. Details trip report to follow after the cruise.

Jason

I haven't sailed in this cabin yet but wouldn't mind to hear from someone who has as well. We have this cabin booked for a EC on Solstice in October, we originally had 9292 (mirror cabin on starboard side) but switched do to cabin layout and a preference to go port side on EC sailings.

Here's what I know about the cabin from research…

Since this cabin has a upper birth it will have the sofa sleeper (trundle) near the balcony / bed near bath.

Balcony is between 2-3x the normal depth and is the standard width. As one side of the angled balcony is at the outermost edge of the hump it should offer great views forward and aft.

The balcony should have 2 reclining chairs and a table as all other standard balcony cabins - no loungers:o.

Hope this helps!

Joel

P.S. Be kind to this cabin please!;)

Joel,

Thanks for this information. I'll make sure to do a cabin write-up for the sticky when we are back.

Jason

Thanks Jason,

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this cabin.

Have a great cruise!:)

Joel

This is the cabin I chose for our mediterranean cruise next Oct on the Equinox.After researching extensively everything about the balcony,it seemed like one of the better choices.Let us know how it went:)

Archived