Haircut on Star - quality? Price?

gehrandt

We sail on the Star on Saturday (March 6)!!! I'm thinking of getting my hair cut but not sure if I should do it at home (not a real good place to get it done but inexpensive) - or on board ship.

Has anyone had theirs done? Happy with it? Price? Any recomendations? I wear mine fairly short - actually hate messing with it.

DH can hit the sauna :)

Great question. I am sailing with you and am looking forward to any responses. Always wondered if onboard haircuts were any good.....not that i would know....I usually end up at Supercuts!!

Prices on most cruise lines range from $35.00 to $50.00 + gratuity, - not including styling. For me, I would never let anyone cut my hair with whom I was not familiar, or at least had a referral from a previous salon patron - but, that's just me.

My advice - get it cut at home before you leave. ;)

I am sure some are very happy. And others not so. There is too much "art" and "preference" in hair cutting to compare one person's experience to another. Just my two cents. Save a bunch of money and do it at home before leaving.

Great question. I am sailing with you and am looking forward to any responses. Always wondered if onboard haircuts were any good.....not that i would know....I usually end up at Supercuts!!

We're in a small town - no Supercuts - $35 plus tip for a poor to medium haircut - that is why I was thinking on the Star - and a little bit of pampering.

What is the difference between a cut and being styled? Other then a lot of money?

Last few days seem really slow :)

We're in a small town - no Supercuts - $35 plus tip for a poor to medium haircut - that is why I was thinking on the Star - and a little bit of pampering.

What is the difference between a cut and being styled? Other then a lot of money?

Last few days seem really slow :)

DW has had her hair cut in Mazatlan twice, and was very happy with it. The shop is in the area outside the terminal building before you get to the taxis. Price was very low, but she doesn't remember the exact amount.

Archived