Tours in Los Cabos- Mazatlan Frank??

deedaydreamer

I went onto his website as he offers tours or has other vendors in the different ports of the Mexican Riviera but the one for Los Cabos says he is "arranging tours and will have something up shortly" or something to that affect. We're going the end of March and would like to have some tours lined up. Any idea what he might be offering and when. If not, is there another reputable company I can check into? Thanks.

Just from searching this board. I think we'd like to do a beach tour or perhaps a city tour that would take us to the glass factory. Other than that, we're open for suggestions. We'd like to keep it relaxing, more of a sightseeing nature than water sports etc.

The Cabo city is small SMALL. The glass factory is just ok. We suggest a land tour that would also include a visit to Los Cabos (village atmosphere 30 miles east) with a resorts and sights stops on the way back.

If you love blown glass, a glass factory tour will include a glass blowing demonstration. We just showed up, no glass a blowing when we visited... darn!

Cabo Glass Factory

IMG_3404.jpg

Cabo Glass Factory

IMG_3337.jpg

Cabo GlassFactory

IMG_3365.jpg

Cabo has some great sights on the way back from Los Cabos

IMG_7636.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

IMG_3495a.jpg

Los Cabos takes in the area of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. We visited San Jose del Cabo for the day on our last port stop in Cabo San Lucas and it is a charming little town, much quieter and less frantic than Cabo San Lucas. We hired a private driver for the day and drove to San Jose del Cabo, stopping along the way for photo op's at a couple of lovely beaches. In San Jose del Cabo, we walked around town, visiting the cathedral, doing some shopping in some nice, quality shops and having a great lunch at the Tropicana restaurant. Our driver waited for us in a prearranged spot and took us back to Cabo San Lucas at an agreed upon time.

Hi! When we were in Cabo in late September we rented a private van through Johann & Sandra. We had a wonderful time. There were 8 of us who got together through our Roll Call. We went to several resorts around Cabo San Lucas and then went to San Jose del Cabo for some shopping and lunch. At the end of the tour we went to the Glass Factory. Like you, we had first contacted Frank, but he does not currently have any partners in Cabo. There is usually a link for Johann & Sandra at the top of this page.

If you would like to see pictures of our tour they are here. Be sure to use the slide show option on the left to enjoy the pics without pop-ups and ads:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574967067buicGI

bobnsofi - that's a great photo! where was it taken? did you go on a hike somewhere? i'd be interested in doing that if you could provide me the information. my husband and i are on the star sailing march 13. thank you!

photo... where was it taken?

The pic below was taken recently from the hill top radio tower area. There is a great friendly dog guarding the care takers office. We scootered up there. Around a gate keeping cars out. We would call it a "fire road" style dirt road in Southern California. It would be a LONG hike from the cruise pier. Doubt most folks would venture up that dirt road around that gate. We had been up there, before they put the gate in.

The long winding dirt road is on the other side of the tallest hill in the pic below

IMG_8542.jpg

Great view up there

IMG_8730b.jpg

360 degree view up there

IMG_8659a.jpg

We love to scooter in Cabo

IMG_1149.jpg

You can take the local bus between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, providing you can locate the "bus stop" at either end. The fare is 25 pesos each way, or about $2.00 US. The bus runs along the highway, mostly catering to the local workers that work at the many resorts, although we met other tourist couples in our latest venture. As previously said, San Jose del Cabo is much more laid back, with some interesting art galleries. We had a great lunch (near the fire station, as recommended by someone we met while trying to figure out where to catch the bus in Cabo San Lucas. The east-bound driver was a total maniac........he must have been going 70+ mph in places, where the posted limit was 45 or 60 kph. The west-bound driver was a pleasure.

Be adventurous.

Sofi, we're going to try those scooters next time. Looks like fun.

Jeff, can you tell me where to catch the local bus in Cabo San Lucas. Sounds like this is right up my alley....we love to ride local transportation. My DH wants to do something different in Cabo rather than the usual shopping, we're there in early April and therefore will miss the whale watching tours. Thanks!

Jeff, can you tell me where to catch the local bus in Cabo San Lucas. Sounds like this is right up my alley....we love to ride local transportation. My DH wants to do something different in Cabo rather than the usual shopping, we're there in early April and therefore will miss the whale watching tours. Thanks!

I can't recall exactly where we caught the bus in Cabo. It was a bit east of the police station and McDonalds (?, or was it Burger King?) along the main road. We probably walked a half mile from the cruise dock. We kept asking people until we found one of the stops. There are lots of REALLY local buses.......the ones that (I assume) only go around Cabo, stopping whenever someone flags them down. Don't get on them. The bus that goes all the way to San Jose, also goes to the airport, which is in San Jose; so, look for the bus that goes to the airport. There seems to be regular bus (transito) stops along the highway, with a sign (I think). Coming back from San Jose, we just walked back to the highway from town, following our route through San Jose, until we found the highway. I then spotted what appeared to be a bus stop (quite a few local people where waiting). I asked someone if this was the place to catch the bus to Cabo; and, they said it was. The fare is $25 pesos each way. We had to stand for a couple of stops until the crowd thinned out a bit. The bus mostly keeps to a parallel road; and, gets off the highway at just about every intersection, where the resorts are located.

If I recall, it takes about 40 minutes each way between CAbo and San Jose; and, the buses run about every 20 minutes.

our experience is the buses have printed on the front (usually in soap writing on the windshield) where their end points are. Cabo has a main boulevard, very close, lots of traffic, that's where we would look for the buses.

If nothing else, you can jump on a bus and ask. There are usually lots of folks on the buses. Someone will help you in broken english. Say something like "San Jose del Cabo" with a "where the heck is the bus for it" look in your eyes and voice. The Mexican people are typically very helpful and much more patient than us gringos

The pic below was taken recently from the hill top radio tower area. There is a great friendly dog guarding the care takers office. We scootered up there. Around a gate keeping cars out. We would call it a "fire road" style dirt road in Southern California. It would be a LONG hike from the cruise pier. Doubt most folks would venture up that dirt road around that gate. We had been up there, before they put the gate in.

The long winding dirt road is on the other side of the tallest hill in the pic below

IMG_8542.jpg

Great view up there

IMG_8730b.jpg

360 degree view up there

IMG_8659a.jpg

We love to scooter in Cabo

IMG_1149.jpg

Hi Sofi,

Thanks for posting your wonderful pictures of Cabo...I can't wait to go in 21 days :D.. Question, what was the rental fees for the scooters and company name? We would love to rent some and tour Cabo for a few hours.

Thanks again,

Lilly

Archived