Need a Big (But VERY EASY) Favor From Any CC Member Visiting Belize! PLEASE!

mbrown02

Hello, I am wondering if anybody could help me out during their upcoming Belize visit. This would only take five minutes of your time and would mean a lot to me.

I bought a black and red DIVE BELIZE baseball cap in the vendor booths directly behind the tender shops in Belize City, where tours meet. On the tender ride back to the ship, it blew off into the ocean with only about 50 yards to go to the ship!! :eek: (In other words, I took my hand off the hat because I thought we were "there." Oops. Nice move, dork.) :(

Can somebody please pick up a replacement hat for me. If you send me a PM, I can send you a detailed photo of the specific hat, and a drawn map that shows EXACTLY where the vendor's little tent is. It is literally thirty feet from the shops where tours meet, just behind the building.

This might seem dumb, after all it is just a hat. But it was just mighty upsetting to buy a brand new hat and then have it blown away 10 minutes later...within spitting distance of the ship. :( It was a very attractive cap and the only Belize souvenir that really interested me.

If you can help me out I will pay you fifty bucks, to cover the hat ($8.00), the postage (~$3.00) and your time (priceless).

How about it? Can anybody step up and grab a replacement hat for me?

Matt in Seattle

I would be happy to help out - not going til April 18th, but pm me @ joannefry@verizon.net if you don't get it. No need to pay me the $50, glad to help out.

DH lost a beautiful WDW hat last year in California and nobody trned it in to Lost & Found so I know how that feels. It wouldnt have been so bad if the night before we spent a lot of time turning in a bluetooth headphone we found in the shamu staduium @seaworld.

I'm with you. Gotta look for this cap now :) and definitely gotta get more Marie Sharp's. We were in Belize in '05 I think and loved the stuff. Been waiting to get more since we ran out. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, I'll be going March 10th if you're still in need.

Let us know how it's turned out.

This is one of the nicest threads I've seen on CC -wow a human chain of people trying to get a cap!

Count me in I'm in Belize in July-if you need a replacement that came after the replacement:))

You got me interested can you post a picture of the cap and tell me more about that sauce:cool:

I'm with you. Gotta look for this cap now :) and definitely gotta get more Marie Sharp's. We were in Belize in '05 I think and loved the stuff. Been waiting to get more since we ran out. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, I'll be going March 10th if you're still in need.

Let us know how it's turned out.

Bela,

I don't know where you get your Marie Sharps but in Belize City,there's a hardware type store on on the right hand side of Regents Street about 2 -3 blocks on the other side of the swing bridge heading toward the church. They must have a dozen or more varieties and I beleive cheaper than any place in the Tourist Village. We've picked it up in Caye Caulker in the past but didn't venture there in January.

Now back to the "Helping Hands for the Hat".

crew

I would be happy to help out - not going til April 18th, but pm me @ joannefry@verizon.net if you don't get it. No need to pay me the $50, glad to help out.

DH lost a beautiful WDW hat last year in California and nobody trned it in to Lost & Found so I know how that feels. It wouldnt have been so bad if the night before we spent a lot of time turning in a bluetooth headphone we found in the shamu staduium @seaworld.

I know exactly how you feel! We were in San Francisco two years ago, sitting by the Bay, when a guy eating his lunch next to us walked away and left his wallet on the seat where he had been eating. I am no athlete these days, yet I sprinted through the throngs of tourists until I caught up with him and returned the wallet.

What next, you might ask?

We walked down the waterfront, enjoying the views ... only to find when we got to the other end of the walk that my husband's Blackberry phone had been pick-pocketed from our backpack! Yikes!

I put many hexes on that rat-fink for days after that!

Bela,

I don't know where you get your Marie Sharps but in Belize City,there's a hardware type store on on the right hand side of Regents Street about 2 -3 blocks on the other side of the swing bridge heading toward the church. They must have a dozen or more varieties and I beleive cheaper than any place in the Tourist Village. We've picked it up in Caye Caulker in the past but didn't venture there in January.

Now back to the "Helping Hands for the Hat".

crew

Thanks. When we get back from cave tubing we will likely venture out there if time permits.

I cannot help you until Nov and I'm sure you will have your hat by then. I just wanted to say how touched I am to see all of the kindness and generosity shown in this post. I was on a previous post about attire in the MDR and saw a lot of hostility towards other cruisers. Thank-you CC members for renewing my faith in fellow cruisers :)

• 4 months later...

i'm curious too! want to see what the cap looks like.

i'm also curious now about the hot sauce. My dad brought me back some hot sauce from Belize and i've never used it. Didn't want to open and use up his gift. But if we can get more, then i can use those instead of what he brought back for us.

i'm curious too! want to see what the cap looks like.

i'm also curious now about the hot sauce. My dad brought me back some hot sauce from Belize and i've never used it. Didn't want to open and use up his gift. But if we can get more, then i can use those instead of what he brought back for us.

You can get all the Marie Sharps you want...From MILD to BEWARE!!!!

Archived