Help with cabin crawl PLEASE

I need any advise or suggestions on planning a good cabin crawl. No on wants to take the lead on my cruise, and I have never done one, but I really want to have one.

So I figure I will take the lead and get one organized just need some tips / suggestions first.

PLEASE anyone who has organized one or been part of one please share.

Thanks!

I need any advise or suggestions on planning a good cabin crawl. No on wants to take the lead on my cruise, and I have never done one, but I really want to have one.

So I figure I will take the lead and get one organized just need some tips / suggestions first.

Thanks!

Hey Jods00... search the main thread for Cabin Crawls and there are tons of threads. I sent a update to our 4-10-10 Roll Call inquiring about interest in doing one for our trip, so we'll see what kind of response we get. Between the two of us, we should be able to get something put together, assuming there is enough interest.

Thanks!

Haven't done one yet; however the person who organized the one for our upcoming cruise simply posted on CC asking for people to volunteer their cabins. She listed the various types of cabins in her post and asked people to insert their name beside the one they had if they wanted to participate. We have our Meet and Mingle first at 10 am on the second day (1st sea day) and from there we start the cabin crawl.

I hope this helps :)

Hi ,

I've done a couple of them, and I'll be doing it on our Oasis cruise. First post on your thread and see if people are interested in attending one. If so, then post the types of cabins you would like to see, inside, outside, balcony, different types of suites and ask people if they will volunteer their cabin. If so, have them email you with their cabin number(so it's not posted on the boards) and arrange to do it right after the meet and mingle on the 2nd day. I usually type up a list of which cabins we are going to visit, and the order and hand them out at the meet and mingle. You can either start from the lowest deck or the highest whichever works best for you. On Oasis, you don't want to see every type of a D balcony for instance, so limit it to no more than 8- 10 cabin types. I always take a small umbrella to hold up, some people bring a flag. It usually takes about an hour, and gives you a good idea of the variety on the ship. People like to see the suites and family rooms the most- so hopefully there are people willing to open their cabin for a few minutes to let people look at them.

We always end up at someplace to eat or drink at the end, and continue some of the conversations with people we met at the meet and mingle.

It's very easy, as thaere are some many nice people on the boards willing to participate. Good luck with it,

Kelcie

This is what I put together for our recent Dream cruise.

Dream Cabin Crawl

Time: Monday 2:00 after the hairy chest contest

Meet at the Lobby Bar on deck 3

Optional poker hand-ante one drink coupon to receive a card at each cabin, the winning Poker hand at the end of the crawl wins the pot. Split the pot 70/30 for best/worst hand.

Optional treat-Feel free to offer a treat to those visiting your cabin, shot, drink, snack

For those showing your room during the crawl, don’t forget a deck of cards, might be available for free from library or purser.

We had about 2 dozen people visit 8 different cabins, it took about an hour. I would say a group of 20 is max, if there are more they should be split into groups.

Beth

Haven't done one yet; however the person who organized the one for our upcoming cruise simply posted on CC asking for people to volunteer their cabins. She listed the various types of cabins in her post and asked people to insert their name beside the one they had if they wanted to participate. We have our Meet and Mingle first at 10 am on the second day (1st sea day) and from there we start the cabin crawl.

I hope this helps :)

Hi Catlady! Does RCCI decide when and where the M & M takes place? This will be our first one, and as you can see, we're going to organize a Cabin Crawl. I was thinking it might be a bit more fun in the afternoon, rather than the morning. Thanks!

Hi ,

I've done a couple of them, and I'll be doing it on our Oasis cruise. First post on your thread and see if people are interested in attending one. If so, then post the types of cabins you would like to see, inside, outside, balcony, different types of suites and ask people if they will volunteer their cabin. If so, have them email you with their cabin number(so it's not posted on the boards) and arrange to do it right after the meet and mingle on the 2nd day. I usually type up a list of which cabins we are going to visit, and the order and hand them out at the meet and mingle. You can either start from the lowest deck or the highest whichever works best for you. On Oasis, you don't want to see every type of a D balcony for instance, so limit it to no more than 8- 10 cabin types. I always take a small umbrella to hold up, some people bring a flag. It usually takes about an hour, and gives you a good idea of the variety on the ship. People like to see the suites and family rooms the most- so hopefully there are people willing to open their cabin for a few minutes to let people look at them.

We always end up at someplace to eat or drink at the end, and continue some of the conversations with people we met at the meet and mingle.

It's very easy, as thaere are some many nice people on the boards willing to participate. Good luck with it,

Kelcie

Yep, this is the person (Kelcie) who organized our upcoming cabin crawl. THANKS KELCIE :D

Hi Catlady! Does RCCI decide when and where the M & M takes place? This will be our first one, and as you can see, we're going to organize a Cabin Crawl. I was thinking it might be a bit more fun in the afternoon, rather than the morning. Thanks!

Kelcie also organized our M and M, oh heck, she organized everything :) so she would be the one to ask. I will send her an email and find out for you and reply back here (unless she sees your post first).

This is what I put together for our recent Dream cruise.

Dream Cabin Crawl

Time: Monday 2:00 after the hairy chest contest

Meet at the Lobby Bar on deck 3

Optional poker hand-ante one drink coupon to receive a card at each cabin, the winning Poker hand at the end of the crawl wins the pot. Split the pot 70/30 for best/worst hand.

Optional treat-Feel free to offer a treat to those visiting your cabin, shot, drink, snack

For those showing your room during the crawl, don’t forget a deck of cards, might be available for free from library or purser.

We had about 2 dozen people visit 8 different cabins, it took about an hour. I would say a group of 20 is max, if there are more they should be split into groups.

Beth

Thanks for the great ideas! Just curious, do those that open up their cabin still go on the crawl? I was thinking that if the group wasn't too big, the Host could leave the cabin before theirs just a little early to be there when the group gets there. I don't mind showing our cabin, but I want to be able to see the rest too! I would be surprised at this point if our group will be over 20. :)

Hi,

RCCL picks the time and place for the meet and mingle. If you look at the upcoming m&m's on Oasis, it's been held on the 2nd day (sea day) at 10:30 a.m. Yes, the people who are opening there cabins usually come along and see all the other cabins. You just try and get people to stay together and spend a few minutes at each of them, It's really helpful to have the list ahead of time and go either from top to bottom or vice versa. No one has to provide snacks or anything, although on some cabin crawls people have done that. I think it's great that people will open them up so you get a good idea of locations and whether you like the room layout of the cabin. Now the hope is that someone has the royal or presidential suite on your cruise and volunteers it! It's always nice to see those types of suites. You can also have peel off name tags, so you don't get a bunch of people not from your roll call tagging along. It's a fun thing to do, along with a pub/poker crawl. we usually do a pub/poker crawl in the afternoon for an hour or so. On the Oasis, it might take longer!

Have a great cruise,

Kelcie

Hi,

RCCL picks the time and place for the meet and mingle. If you look at the upcoming m&m's on Oasis, it's been held on the 2nd day (sea day) at 10:30 a.m. Yes, the people who are opening there cabins usually come along and see all the other cabins. You just try and get people to stay together and spend a few minutes at each of them, It's really helpful to have the list ahead of time and go either from top to bottom or vice versa. No one has to provide snacks or anything, although on some cabin crawls people have done that. I think it's great that people will open them up so you get a good idea of locations and whether you like the room layout of the cabin. Now the hope is that someone has the royal or presidential suite on your cruise and volunteers it! It's always nice to see those types of suites. You can also have peel off name tags, so you don't get a bunch of people not from your roll call tagging along. It's a fun thing to do, along with a pub/poker crawl. we usually do a pub/poker crawl in the afternoon for an hour or so. On the Oasis, it might take longer!

Have a great cruise,

Kelcie

Thanks Kelcie, I knew you would know. I have some ideas for "door prizes" for people coming to our cabin :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Kelcie, I knew you would know. I have some ideas for "door prizes" for people coming to our cabin :)

what is the difference between a meet and mingle and a meet and greet?

Thanks for the great ideas! Just curious, do those that open up their cabin still go on the crawl? I was thinking that if the group wasn't too big, the Host could leave the cabin before theirs just a little early to be there when the group gets there. I don't mind showing our cabin, but I want to be able to see the rest too! I would be surprised at this point if our group will be over 20. :)

Yes, those that showed their cabins came along, I think many of them skipped the room right before theirs to open their room and be ready.

what is the difference between a meet and mingle and a meet and greet?

No difference, same thing different name. The biggest difference is between cruiselines, on RCL and X if 25 people or more sign up online for a 7 day or longer cruise the cruiseline organizes the meet and mingle, on other cruiselines you have to organize your own.

Archived