If you had 4 hours with Gerry....

BAJABOOTY

Have him take you over to the East/Wild side. Beautiful beaches and funky laid back beach bars with few cruise ship tourist.

This is a must see. The view from Coconuts is worth the price of the trip.

My group of four just spent 6 hours with Gerry this past Saturday. I'll post some pics later. What started out as a three hour tour turned into the best six hours I have ever spent on a caribbean island.

We went to the east side of the island after a quick stop at the tequila factory. He stopped at various areas that had good views or something neat to look. The beach by Coconuts is to die for-crystal clear and no one out there. Our next stop was Playa Bonita for lunch followed by shelling at El Mirador.

Gerry was an incredible guide and I would recommend him in a second.

I didn't have any trouble contacting Mike to book Gerry, but I had seen some other posters who said they found his reply in their junk or spam email folder.

HOpe this helps!

Oh yeah, he also took us shopping downtown on our way back to the pier.

Well worth the money. Make sure he sings for you too!;)

We have booked Gerry for 4 hours in a few weeks? For those of you who have used Gerry or been to Cozumel, How would you spend those 4 hours? We are open to everything!! Thanks for the suggestions

If you are limited in time and $ to just 4 hours. Let Gerry know that in the beginning. Skip a stop at Paradise Beach. Skip the lighthouse. And the Rasta bar. Stop at either Playa Bonita or Coconuts for lunch (my pref is Playa Bonita) or travel on past to Punta Morena to eat(great seafood). But where ever yous top for lunch, limit your time there, it can go by very quickly. Do stop at other interesting points along the way or the view, like the blowholes and rock formations. Skip the tequilla museum and shopping once back in San Miguel.

If your'e not limited in time and $ to just 4 hours, then add back all these things and plan on about 5-6 hours.

If you are limited in time and $ to just 4 hours. Let Gerry know that in the beginning. Skip a stop at Paradise Beach. Skip the lighthouse. And the Rasta bar. Stop at either Playa Bonita or Coconuts for lunch (my pref is Playa Bonita) or travel on past to Punta Morena to eat(great seafood). But where ever yous top for lunch, limit your time there, it can go by very quickly. Do stop at other interesting points along the way or the view, like the blowholes and rock formations. Skip the tequilla museum and shopping once back in San Miguel.

If your'e not limited in time and $ to just 4 hours, then add back all these things and plan on about 5-6 hours.

Ok, maybe I need to change my tour time to five hours then?

We are not beach people and if we stop at one, it will be just to take pictures.

We are looking at stopping for a hour at Playa Bonita for lunch.

We wanted to see the lighthouse, local churches,the blowholes, the tequilla factory and local shopping away from the pier. We then want to be drop off back at the pier.

I thought that four hours would be enough for the east side and back.

My group of four just spent 6 hours with Gerry this past Saturday. I'll post some pics later. What started out as a three hour tour turned into the best six hours I have ever spent on a caribbean island.

We went to the east side of the island after a quick stop at the tequila factory. He stopped at various areas that had good views or something neat to look. The beach by Coconuts is to die for-crystal clear and no one out there. Our next stop was Playa Bonita for lunch followed by shelling at El Mirador.

Gerry was an incredible guide and I would recommend him in a second.

I didn't have any trouble contacting Mike to book Gerry, but I had seen some other posters who said they found his reply in their junk or spam email folder.

HOpe this helps!

Oh yeah, he also took us shopping downtown on our way back to the pier.

Well worth the money. Make sure he sings for you too!;)

Thanks for the review!!

I let my friend read this and other great reviews for Gerry and it makes her happy to know (she was worried because other people are telling her we shouldn't book nothing but tours with Carnival because we might miss the boat!!).

Can't wait for the pictures!!

Ok, maybe I need to change my tour time to five hours then?

We are not beach people and if we stop at one, it will be just to take pictures.

We are looking at stopping for a hour at Playa Bonita for lunch.

We wanted to see the lighthouse, local churches,the blowholes, the tequilla factory and local shopping away from the pier. We then want to be drop off back at the pier.

I thought that four hours would be enough for the east side and back.

Unless Gerry has another fare after you (doubtful), you're probably okay. He'll go for as long as you want. And he's got you well covered at any of these stops. If he takes you to the Corpus Christi church in San Miguel, ask him if he knows the owners of El Turix and if he can "sneak" you in for a slice of their coconut cake.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions, i'm gettng more and more excited!! Orginally we were planning on doing the tequila tour;). Guess well give him an idea of what we were thinking and just let him show us:) Mike got back to me really fast and we have emailed a few times back and forth no problems??

What is the difference between Coconuts and Playa Bonita? Who has the best food, best view etc. We have Gerry booked in 3 weeks and are trying to plan our day. Your suggestions have been a Godsend! We would really like seafood, if reasonably priced. Thanks for your help.

Best view is Coconuts because it sits on the highest point on the island, outside of going to the top of the lighthouse( no food or drink there though:D). Playa bonita is right on the beach.

Opinions vary re "best" food. For overall seafood, IMO, the best on the east side is Punta Morena. For ceviche, Rasta Bar with Playa Bonita a close second. Playa Bonita serves other things. I liked the ceviche with gorditas (little masa cakes), but I like gorditas. Gerry knows the staff at Playa bonita very well and you'll be well taken care of. Coconuts food is decent-good by American standards of "Mexican" food. Tacos and nachos are good for munching on while drinking.

Although I've been to Coconuts in the past, I haven't been to Coconuts with Gerry, but he was ambivalent as to going there with us in January. It was crowded and BIL/SIL just did a quick run up the hill to see the view. But we had just eaten and drank a few beers and shots at Playa Bonita, so we weren't in need of stopping for a drink. Six of one 1/2 dozen of the other , IMO. If you're coming in from the north you'll hit Coconuts first; south, Playa Bonita. Chose as you feel.

Crewsweeper, can you give me an average pricing on the Patron and Remy in Cozumel? One of my friends want to give me money to buy for him but it's been over three years since either of us been to Cozumel.

Thanks!!!

Best view is Coconuts because it sits on the highest point on the island, outside of going to the top of the lighthouse( no food or drink there though:D). Playa bonita is right on the beach.

Opinions vary re "best" food. For overall seafood, IMO, the best on the east side is Punta Morena. For ceviche, Rasta Bar with Playa Bonita a close second. Playa Bonita serves other things. I liked the ceviche with gorditas (little masa cakes), but I like gorditas. Gerry knows the staff at Playa bonita very well and you'll be well taken care of. Coconuts food is decent-good by American standards of "Mexican" food. Tacos and nachos are good for munching on while drinking.

Although I've been to Coconuts in the past, I haven't been to Coconuts with Gerry, but he was ambivalent as to going there with us in January. It was crowded and BIL/SIL just did a quick run up the hill to see the view. But we had just eaten and drank a few beers and shots at Playa Bonita, so we weren't in need of stopping for a drink. Six of one 1/2 dozen of the other , IMO. If you're coming in from the north you'll hit Coconuts first; south, Playa Bonita. Chose as you feel.

Thanks for all the great info. We are not drinkers so I am thinking we should just check out the view at Coconuts and continue on.

Crewsweeper, can you give me an average pricing on the Patron and Remy in Cozumel? One of my friends want to give me money to buy for him but it's been over three years since either of us been to Cozumel.

Thanks!!!

Sorry, I can't answer that because,we didn't hit the Cosi liquor store this last time.

We had a great tour with Gerry and no problem contacting Mike.

We wanted to do a bit of shopping, see San Gervasio, and experience the "other side" of the island. We did not want to swim or dive.

We went to Mega Mart and a small grocery, drove through town, spent an hour at San Gervasio, toured the back side of the island with a few stops for photos and beachcoming, and returned to Gerry's wonderful singing.

It was a super 4 hours with a great guide. Wesaw exactly what we wanted. We were very impressed with San Gervasio (although not everyone is). The beach views were dramatic. Between what we had decided to do and what Gerry recommended, we had a great day.

I keep reading great things about this Gerry...how far in advance do you usually need to book him? also, how many people can he take on a tour at one time? we have seven adults in our party

Up to 4 people in a station wagon for $95 plus $25 ph thereafter. For 7 he will hire a van and charge $195 plus $40 ph thereafter. Not much difference providing you fill the van.

Archived