How do I get to SawGrass Mills in Ft. Lauderdale

JellyBean07

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise. Can anyone tell me how to get to SawGrass Mills mall from our hotel (public transportation, taxi, water taxi, shuttle etc.) and how long it would take and how much it would cost.

When we did this, we rented a car from Enterprise (I think) which was across the street from our hotel on 17th street. We used the car to go to SawGrass Mills (just like any other mall) and then we drove to see a Florida Panthers hockey game. The next morning we used the car to drive around Ft Lauderdale and then turned in the car and an Enterprise shuttle took us to our ship. It seemed too far to take a taxi. I don't know about public transportation. Maybe ask this on TripAdvisor. Have fun.

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise. Can anyone tell me how to get to SawGrass Mills mall from our hotel (public transportation, taxi, water taxi, shuttle etc.) and how long it would take and how much it would cost.

Sawgrass Mills Mall is not in Ft. Lauderdale. It's in a town called Sunrise (about a 30 minute drive from your hotel). Sounds like you won't have a rental car, though. Taking the city bus there would not be feasible. Your next best bet would be a taxi (unless your hotel shuttle would take you for a nominal fee, but I doubt it). Taxi fare there would be about $50 each way. If you do end up renting a car, you would take I-595 west (about 10 or 12 miles) to the Flamingo Rd exit. Turn right onto Flamingo Rd. Proceed north in the left lane until you come to Sunrise Blvd. Turn left onto Sunrise Blvd. Stay to the right and you will see the mall entrance on the right.

Archived