Red October .us vs .spb.ru

Are these two companies the same? We are going to be on the Star July 14 sailing and trying to figure out what is the best way to see St Petersburg. Based on what we have read, we have pretty much decided on a private tour company vs the ship's shore excursions, but just begining to sort through who to book with.

Sorting out this first question will be great first step.

Cheers

Four2Travel

It is the same Tour Operations; both Olga in Russia, as well as Mike in the U.S. are very responsive to e-mails.

U.S.A.

Mike: info@redoctober.us

RUSSIA

E-mail addresses in Russia: rols@redoctober.spb.ru =

Olga Danilova, Assistant General Director

also:

redoctober@peterlink.ru

and

roctober@mail.wplus.net

I am also investigating DenRus:

Olga Tarasova - E-mail: olgat@denrus.ru

I posted this elsewhere, but I think it bears repeating. I was not impressed with my communications with Red October U.S. because Mike indicated that he would not be willing to help us form a group. Red October has been in business in Russia for years (I used them on another trip), and they know how to provide service to their customers. So I suggest that the time difference is irrelevant.

With Denrus, I've been impressed by the posts that I have read, but I sent e-mails twice last week and have yet to receive a reply. That's not impressive either.

Just FYI for all of you and best wishes to you in your travels,

Donna

For whatever this tidbit is worth, we used DenRus last August and had a great time. Before I contacted them, I had done a fair amoutn of research and in my initial e-mail, I gave them a list of what we wanted to see. They replied with a proposed itinerary that included all of the places on my list. They were also very responsive to my requests to modify the itinerary as I learned more (much from this board).

When I returned home, I had an e-mail from Olga thanking us for our business. I also received a holiday e-mail from them. I know that it is marketing - but it is good marketing IMHO. Also, I recommended DenRus to a friend who was planning a land trip to St. P and they used them. They had 3 days but each day was a little shorter than the typical cruise schedule and they raved about DenRus.

Whichever tour service you use, I can't imagine that you won't be amazed by St. P. Happy sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived