If you miss your sailing?

Have tickets to fly out Sunday (1/23) am to Miami for Monday's sailing of the Brilliance. The way the weather is on the east coast though who knows if we'll even get there by Monday. My question is, if we can get to San Juan, will Royal Caribbean allow you to board the ship there? I know we will have missed 2 days at sea but 9 out of 11 days is better than 0 out of 11. To tell you the truth it's even better than 7 out of 7.

Based on my experiences:

1. Call your airline now and discuss getting on a flight ASAP. I would get out today.

2. Call RCI and explain what your revised plan is. RCI will need to be notified if you are delayed or if you are catching up in the next scheduled port.

3. Bring a carry on bag with essentials in case your luggage gets lost.

Good Luck, I've been through this a few times, and the stress level is awful.

With all due respect KIEFABER, with the bad weather bering down on the east coast right now - why are you asking this question on the CC boards?? I think you would be better served by calling RCCI instead, after all, they have the correct answer. Hope you make your cruise.

This happened to us our very first cruise. Couldn't get to San Juan because of a massive snow storm. Ended up spending the night on the floor in the Miami Airport. Got a flight to Martinique (the ship's first port) the next day and boarded there the following day. Now we always fly down at least a day ahead.

Where are you on the east coast? If you are in the Boston area, I'd suggest leaving now. From Washington through NYC/Hartford, the weather is already here, I understand there are flight delays, and maybe (just maybe) cancellations.

I will say when I was living near Lake Placid when we received over two feet of snow (no lie), we couldn't get out of our driveway, we had a declared state of emergency...but Southwest did not miss one flight out of Albany.

No guarantee, but I think there is a decent chance you'll still make it (Miami), most likely delayed significantly, depending on where you live.

Archived