Question about luggage tags after upgrade

GSRDPM

I am super excited about being upgraded to a panorama suite on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. I need one (or two) questions answered:

1. Since I already received my cruise documents via email prior to the cabin change, they all have the old cabin number on them. When I called Costa, the representitive was not sure what I should do about this. She first suggested that I should simply corss out the old cabin number and put on the new cabin number on each of the tags. When I mentioned that the tags seem to have some sort of bar code on them, she expressed concern that the bags might be routed to the old cabin instead.

Given her uncertainty, I once again I step forward with yet another question for our CC friends and look for enlightenment ;).

2. Along those same lines, What about the boarding forms that were sent with the cruise documents. THey, too, have the old cabin number on them and have various bar codes and funny computer scanning symbols on them. Is it still OK to hand those in with the old cabin number crossed out and the new one written in?

Thanks once again!!!

GSRDPM - I also received an upgrade for my cruise next Sunday. I asked my T/A if they were going to send me new documents and she said no. To just use the originals and that the new info would be on the Costa Computers. I went into the Costa site and looked in there and the Upgrade was there;). So, just take your original documents when you board. As far as the luggage tags, my T/A said we would have to get the luggage tags from the port before boarding :o. It might take a little longer but at least your luggage will go to the right place right:)

I am super excited about being upgraded to a panorama suite on our cruise in less than 2 weeks. I need one (or two) questions answered:

1. Since I already received my cruise documents via email prior to the cabin change, they all have the old cabin number on them. When I called Costa, the representitive was not sure what I should do about this. She first suggested that I should simply corss out the old cabin number and put on the new cabin number on each of the tags. When I mentioned that the tags seem to have some sort of bar code on them, she expressed concern that the bags might be routed to the old cabin instead.

Given her uncertainty, I once again I step forward with yet another question for our CC friends and look for enlightenment ;).

2. Along those same lines, What about the boarding forms that were sent with the cruise documents. THey, too, have the old cabin number on them and have various bar codes and funny computer scanning symbols on them. Is it still OK to hand those in with the old cabin number crossed out and the new one written in?

Thanks once again!!!

They should have blank luggage tags at the port when you arrive. Grab some of those and write your new room number on them. We had laminated our "old" luggage tags to ensure they stayed in place but they can be thrown out now. We are expecting blank tags at the port. Oh and remember we now get priority embarkation :) Not sure what exactly that entails but I'm all for anything that says priority.

I completed my web checkin on Friday so the documents that were printed had our new room number on it. The documents should not matter as much but the luggage tags certainly will. I would write your new room number on the old tags that way if you don't find the blank tags at least it's clear on the tag where they "should" go.

Thanks guys. I'll try to remember to bring a small marker for the tags. I completed my online check in a couple of months ago. For once I should have procrastinated! FB - Our flight arrives at about 2PM, so I will put the priority embarkation to the test.

i too got an upgrade on my last cruise and had to go find the bags at the original room....my cabin steward said he would find them for me, but i just went ahead and found them, it wasn't that big a deal....they will either be outside your room....or if it seems everyone else has theirs on the floor....just go check the other room number to see if they are there.

I called Costa yesterday because I noticed our cruise had dropped in price by $100 and asked if I could get a refund. They said no because my cruise is in 2 weeks and had already paid in full but they could upgrade me. I asked about the cruise edocuments which I already had and she sent me new documents that arrived within a couple of hours that had the new cabin # on them

• 4 weeks later...

When We arriaved at the dock, I explained my situation to the porters and they said that the old tags with the old cabin number crossed out and the new cabin number written clearly on the old tags would be fine. We had the bags in front of our cabin within an hour and a half after boarding.

30 minutes b4 arv'l at port !..I was told it woouldnt be the new # on the manifest, but to marker-out the o,ld cabin, add the new #..didnt work!.. Had to go fetch our bags from waaaaaaaaay down the hall, cuz we needed them. So it's iffy at best.

Archived