A few questions. Please help

bwilli40

I am a new cruiser. I know there is a new cruisers section on this forum but I want answers from NCL cruisers. Any help will be huge.

1. Can we bring our own cokes and water on board? I have read you can but when you call and ask they say no.

2. When you board do you have to be in possesion of your luggage the whole time? (its 6 of us going and we were wondering if 4 of the people took the luggage and boarded while the other 2 park the cars was ok. The drivers are not in the same rooms so their roommates will be with the drivers luggage.)

3. Anyone know how long it takes to get to Miami from Atlanta?

4. And last one, On the Pearl, do they have Wifi access?

Again thank you again for any info. I leave friday for Miami and I'm pumped.

I am a new cruiser. I know there is a new cruisers section on this forum but I want answers from NCL cruisers. Any help will be huge.

1. Can we bring our own cokes and water on board? I have read you can but when you call and ask they say no. Yes, you can bring on your own Coke and water....just no alcohol, except Wine....which they charge you a $15 corkage fee.

2. When you board do you have to be in possesion of your luggage the whole time? (its 6 of us going and we were wondering if 4 of the people took the luggage and boarded while the other 2 park the cars was ok. The drivers are not in the same rooms so their roommates will be with the drivers luggage.) You check your large pieces of luggage, and they are delivered to your cabin in the late afternoon...hopefully before dinner. Carry on anything you might need of importance (passports, ticket, prescriptions), and valuables (jewelry, cameras)...of course.

3. Anyone know how long it takes to get to Miami from Atlanta? Can't help with that one...

4. And last one, On the Pearl, do they have Wifi access? In some areas there is wifi, but you must buy a package of minutes....which are a bit on the expensive side.

I hope I answered a few of your question.....see above, answers in red. :)

Have a great cruise!

1. Can we bring our own cokes and water on board? I have read you can but when you call and ask they say no.

2. When you board do you have to be in possesion of your luggage the whole time? (its 6 of us going and we were wondering if 4 of the people took the luggage and boarded while the other 2 park the cars was ok. The drivers are not in the same rooms so their roommates will be with the drivers luggage.)

1. Yes, no problem with soda and bottled water (all sealed). Their official policy says no (so don't call and ask any more), but in practice, it's never enforced.

2. As long as the bags are tagged with the correct names and staterooms, it doesn't really matter who hands them over to the porters.

3. My estimate is 11-12 hours, depending on your speed and how often you stop (and for how long).

4. Yes, but not everywhere on the ship.

I cannot answer all your questions but here are some answers: when one is parking the car, let the others out at the curb, if you do not have the luggage marked with the luggage tags ask the porter for some and fill them out. You will want to give him a couple of bucks and let him handle it from there. Within a few hours your luggage will be outside your cabin door.

You can bring all the water and soda on you want, if it is more than you can handle make sure it is also marked with cabin number, names etc. Again it will get to your cabin safe and sound.

I can't answer about getting to the airport from Atlanta, do a map quest check, that is the best way and allow an hour or so leeway..

Wifi, I don't know..

nita

A much better answer to travel time is at maps.google.com vs taking what people "remember".

Yes, you can take soda and water aboard, but many are very happy with the water they have onboard.

Bags - not a problem, and in fact, I think you could check your bags to another cabin without a problem.

See my notes below.

YES YOU CAN. The only things they check for are suspicious items (weapons, etc.) and Alcohol. But you can bring items needed for babies (formula, milk, etc.) and a reasonable amount of your own water/soda -- I mean I wouldn't go to Sam's club and attempt lugging in that Uber pack of water or juice! :D

No ma'am. They won't allow you to bring in all your bags -- only carryon sized luggage. The rest you have to leave outside at the designated luggage area (make sure your luggage tags with your room # are on them) and they will deliver your bags to your stateroom within 3 hours usually -- so if you want to do the pool right away, I'd recommend packing all that stuff in your carryon.

About 11-12 hours (if you go straight). HOWEVER, we plan to pit stop in Orlando (6 hour drive from Conyers) and stay the night and then do the last 3 1/2 hours the morning of the cruise (to arrive before noon). I cannot STAND long drives and we have two children under the age of 6. So we'll ALL need the break! ;)

PARKING INFORMATION (as of 3/3/10): Red Roof Inn offers "Park, Sleep & Fly" services for $5.00/day. Red Roof Miami Airport offers complimentary, non-stop shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as a ONCE-DAILY (@ 1:00 pm) shuttle to the Port of Miami. PORT OF MIAMI PARKING IS $20/DAY eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :eek:

***If you book an overnight stay with them, your parking is FREE for up to 15 days.

LINK: Red Roof Inn Miami Airport

No -- I think you can only use their Internet Cafe, but it's VERY expensive -- like $15 for an hour. AND it's VERY VERY SLOW so your hour flies by. So unless it's an emergency, I'd recommend you using your laptop ONLY while in port at Miami (if you have a wireless Internet card like what Comcast offers) and then packing it away the rest of the time.

It usually takes us 10 hours to Lauderdale Port - so give it another hour to Miami's port. I understand the port in Miami is hard to navigate. Don't know have never been to that one. Don't forget you are also getting into Spring Break traffic. We hate the traffic at that time from Atlanta - so this time we are going out of New Orleans. 8 hours and not so much traffic. Have a great cruise!!!

Archived