Opinions on water shoes?

barberesr

I like the blue ones.

What are you asking? They work well for wading in streams and rivers or entering the water on rocky beaches. They're lousy for walking any distance. They're main advantages are that they are lightweight and they dry quickly - otherwise, an old pair of sneakers or a pair of closed-toed sandals (Teva's for example) offers the same functionality.

I am a very recent convert to crocs for walking on the beach and activities where your feet might get wet. I find it much easier to rinse the sand out of them than out of water shoes or tevas. These tend to have velcro and other materials to which the sand sticks, ensuring sand in one's luggage forever.

Crocs do have a small bit of support, are lightweight, and come in lots of different colours and a number of different syles, many of which are are not very flattering.

I could not walk in them all day, but many do (notably medical personnel who like to be able to rinse the hospital fluids off). They are more expensive than water shoes.

:confused: What is the question?

I bring water shoes because my family likes to snorkel and they help getting over the rocks down to the beach. But, if you are packing light, go with tennis shoes. They are more versatile.

Archived