First time river cruiser questions - Amadeus Princess

Liz

I'm taking my first river cruise through Holland and Belgium at the end of March. If anyone has experience on the Amadeus Princess, perhaps you can help. Will I need a power converter or just an adaptor? I'm taking a netbook, charger for my digital camera batteries and an ipod. Worst case, I can charge the ipod through the computer but no such luck with the camera batteries, I'll need an outlet for that.

Also, an "etiquette" question: is it "acceptable" to bring a few bottles of Coke or water (or maybe a bottle of wine?) to drink while in my cabin?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Liz,

Amadeus Princess is operated by Lueftner Cruise Line of Austria. We traveled on an Amadeus ship two years ago and enjoyed it very much.

I have attached a link to their Q & A section of their website:

http://www.lueftner-cruises.com/scms/media.php/11839/Info%20A-Z%20Engl%202007.pdf.

They recommend a two pin adaptor for 110 volt appliances. The ship's current is 220v.

You can also go to their website and see photos of the Princess. www.lueftner-cruises.com

If you pack your cokes discreetly in your luggage it should be no problem.

We are booked on AMA in October and I contacted them about the terminals in the cabins. They are not computers. The do not have USB ports and no hard drives so you can not download pictures or charge batteries using the terminal.

Please call AMA with your questions. They have been extremely helpful everytime I asked for additional information.

You will need a voltage changer (220V to 110 V) with a European 2 prong plug. You can than attach a battery charger, etc to it. Since outlets are usually limited on these vessels I would suggest that you also bring along one or two 110V multiple adapters that let you plug in two or three plugs into the one plug in you voltage changer!!!

Thank you for your insight! I keep meaning to call them with my questions but work gets in the way - guess I'll just just have to make the time to do it. I had not seen the Q&A section yet so appreciate the link. I'm taking the netbook so I can download photos every day, rather than accessing the internet, so . I'm a bit of a photo geek and am always concerned about losing my "souvenirs".

Safe travels!

Liz

Archived