Hot Tub Issues

jgooden1

We were in 14512 on the Pearl and no issues with the Hot Tub. This room is actually right across from the Hot Tub whereas 14510 is the next CV down, opposite the door to the Courtyard.

Hope this helps. My only issues was that this side of the ship never had a Port view (for Photos) when in port

We were in 14512 on the Pearl and no issues with the Hot Tub. This room is actually right across from the Hot Tub whereas 14510 is the next CV down, opposite the door to the Courtyard.

Hope this helps. My only issues was that this side of the ship never had a Port view (for Photos) when in port

The first night we were rolling a lot 14510 and 14010 got water from the hot tubs.

Last year I was in one of those cabins and we didnt have a problem, but it was calm seas. This year was different.

The first night we were rolling a lot 14510 and 14010 got water from the hot tubs.

Last year I was in one of those cabins and we didnt have a problem, but it was calm seas. This year was different.

Ugh! I was thinking of switching to 14010. The only problem there is that for our cruise that is the bad side to view approaches to port. So maybe a different one. I am trying to weigh flooding against a good view! I'm a bit torn but I think I'll skip the view!!

This sounds promising. What about the noise from people entering the courtyard? Any problems there?

Yikes - with so few people sailing these cabins, I guess it makes sense we would not hear much about, since it would only happen in rough seas I guess.

You would think they could figure out a cover that would stop most of the water splashing about and causing trouble. Would be way less work than having to clean up this mess and disturbing your highest paying guests.

Ugh! I was thinking of switching to 14010. The only problem there is that for our cruise that is the bad side to view approaches to port. So maybe a different one. I am trying to weigh flooding against a good view! I'm a bit torn but I think I'll skip the view!!

We didn't have an issue when we were in last year. It depends on the seas. This year it only happened once the whole week and it was very rough. They cleaned it up very quickly. They had the big dry blowers.

I would not make it an issue you can't predict the seas.

Last year I was in one of those cabins and we didn't have a problem, but it was calm seas. This year was different.

Only water we got was coming out of the drains in the bathroom. This was supposedly water from the bathtub drains.

Odd that 14010 got it as that is the opposite side of the deck away from the Hot Tub. Glad we did not get it then :)

Only water we got was coming out of the drains in the bathroom. This was supposedly water from the bathtub drains.

Odd that 14010 got it as that is the opposite side of the deck away from the Hot Tub. Glad we did not get it then :)

How was the noise level in your cabin? Any issues with being near the entrance to the Courtyard?

How was the noise level in your cabin? Any issues with being near the entrance to the Courtyard?

LOL I had a 4 and 8 yr old with me so if there was nay noise they were making it :) best to ask the rest of our neighbors about us :)

LOL I had a 4 and 8 yr old with me so if there was nay noise they were making it :) best to ask the rest of our neighbors about us :)

Ha! We'll have a 3 year old so maybe I should just keep my mouth shut! ;0)

Thank you all for your replies. Based on this I might try for 14512 and if that does not work I will just stay where we are and hope and pray for calm seas!

1st off let me say that the CV was one of the best decisions we made. The covered pool and hot tub, both with fresh water I might add was great when the chair hogs were out in full force on the main deck or the days at sea where it was a bit chilly down there.

There were quite a few kids in the CV our week and it was still very peaceful as all the kids(including mine IMHO) were well behaved.

That being said the staff said this was the worst seas they had out of Miami this season and it had never been like that before. it was only that 1st evening and lasted only 2-3 hours tops.

1st off let me say that the CV was one of the best decisions we made. The covered pool and hot tub, both with fresh water I might add was great when the chair hogs were out in full force on the main deck or the days at sea where it was a bit chilly down there.

There were quite a few kids in the CV our week and it was still very peaceful as all the kids(including mine IMHO) were well behaved.

That being said the staff said this was the worst seas they had out of Miami this season and it had never been like that before. it was only that 1st evening and lasted only 2-3 hours tops.

Thanks! We are already booked in 14510 and I was questioning that because I was not sure if we really needed the courtyard. Space is our primary concern (we need to configure a room so that our 3 year old son can't see the "Big bed" or we'll never get wink of sleep!) and I realized after I'd booked that there were rooms of the same size w/o the courtyard. Then when I heard about possible flooding I got even more concerned. But all of the replies here have lessened my concerns. And I appreciate your insight on the benefits of the courtyard. With 16 days to go I'm gonna stop fretting and enjoy the countdown!!

Thanks! We are already booked in 14510 and I was questioning that because I was not sure if we really needed the courtyard. Space is our primary concern (we need to configure a room so that our 3 year old son can't see the "Big bed" or we'll never get wink of sleep!) and I realized after I'd booked that there were rooms of the same size w/o the courtyard. Then when I heard about possible flooding I got even more concerned. But all of the replies here have lessened my concerns. And I appreciate your insight on the benefits of the courtyard. With 16 days to go I'm gonna stop fretting and enjoy the countdown!!

LOL you won't regret it :) My DD had just turned 4 and we could not get her out of the pool or the Hot Tub. She had her waterwings and would go back and forth all day

Archived