Snorkeling-Which Tour is Best?

medcruiser8

I'm looking for a snorkeling tour which has the best variety and colorful fish/reefs? We have been to Stingray City on Grand Cayman so Stingray Alley would be nice but not a must. We are not beginners so needing to stay very close to the group would not be a plus.

We are trying to decide between the following -

1) Coral Breezes-Manatee, Reef Snorkel, & Bannister Beach (The Coral Breeze Caye Caulker Trip is not an option for us.)

2) Eco Tours-South Gallow Reef & Bannister Beach

3) Eco Tours-Caye Caulker Shark Ray Alley/Barrier Reef & Caye Caulker Does this tour include a snorkel stop plus Shark Ray Alley or is the snorkeling done at Shark Ray Alley so only one stop? (The Eco-Tours with Airplane to Ambergris Caye is not an option for us.)

4) Star Tours-Barrier Reef & Caye Caulker for Cruise Ship Passengers

5) Star Tours-Hol Chan Tour and San Pedro (a possible choice?)

Input from anyone who has done one of these trips would be helpful particularly...regarding the quality of the snorkeling? :) Thanks!

Just got back from Belize, and did the The Coral Breeze Caye Caulker Trip. I know it's not an option for you, but if Coral Breeze's runs there other triops like that trip, you won't like them. They like there group to stay together. For us, it was perfect (2 small kids; wife doesn't swim at all!) They really watched over our group (thanks, Coral Breeze!!!)

It was just me however, I would've wanted a less restrictive tour.

Thanks so much sendtodb - This helps me out a lot; Coral Breezes has been so professional in their correspondence with me that I kept them on my list even though the particular tour they have available that day is not my first choice for location. So it's good to know they are great for many, but not a good match for us. :)

We are going to Belize in 3 weeks. We have not been to Belize yet but I have researched some of the same companies for our upcoming trip. Our first choice was Shark Ray Alley with Eco Tours, however when I went to book it they said it was not available for that date. You may want to e-mail them with your date (it may eliminate a possiblity for you too). The tours with Star Tours were a little trickier for us too. You take the public water taxi for their tour. I believe the tour is from 10:30 -1:30 (just missing the public water taxi back to Belize City). Taking the later water taxi would've made getting to the tender on time pretty tough for us. Just a couple things to consider. We are booked with Coral Breeze and hoping for the best. My husband dives and our two sons are experienced snorkelers so I hope that they can explore a little bit. It seems like they have mixed reviews (but most are favorable).

Archived