Back from Carnival Splendor - Feb 21 - 28/10

Baxter

We went solely because my brother was staying there when we were in PV. It was about a 7 minute bus ride from the cruise port. The resort itself is nothing special -- probably a solid 3.5 stars. But the pool was excellent (since we had little ones), the bar service was good, and they had a little beach area with nice sunning beds and chairs. The food was edible. We are snobs and generally only stay at 5 star resorts when we travel...I wouldn't stay there for a week, but would probably go back and use the facilities for the day.

The cost included run of the resort, beverages (alcoholic and non) and lunch. The pass "expired" at 6pm.

Thanks for the info. I can't decide where to spend our day while in PV.:)

I am probably less helpful than others -- I was travelling with a 3 year old. The entertainment, in my opinion, was passable. The production-style shows were not great...low-end cruise ship quality, in my opinion. The usual shenanigans by the pool. The bands were fine.

Our "excursions" were self-directed. In PV, we bought a day pass at the Los Palmos for $40...took the local bus there. In Mazatlan, we took the water taxi (really, a smallish fishing boat) to Stone Island and spent the day on the beach. In Cabo, we took the water taxi to Modano Beach (spelling might be slightly off). Great for young kids...I would do these again in a heartbeat!

hey..where do you get the water taxis from? like how far from cruise pier etc? thanks!!

hey..where do you get the water taxis from? like how far from cruise pier etc? thanks!!

In Mazatlan? Walk through the gates out of the cruise ship area. Turn left. Keep walking. It is about three blocks. The little hut where you buy your ticket is bright yellow in colour. Tough to miss. An easy walk.

Note that "water taxi" probably paints an inaccurate picture. I'd call it a small fishing boat. Climb in and climb out. Nothing fancy here.

In Cabo, the water taxis are everywhere...all along the pier area.

I was on the Splendor the week prior, and we had the 45 degree turn thing also, but this was because a sail boat without the proper radar reflector found its way in front of us. The cental elevators were waterfalls...

Regarding elegant nights, I would say 80% of the people were dress very nice, and the rest in nicer clothes. I didnt see any jeans.

Regarding elegant nights, I would say 80% of the people were dress very nice, and the rest in nicer clothes. I didnt see any jeans.

Well, this post gave me some hope. I've been disappointed by the talk about people NOT dressing up. My DH and I have always dressed "prom-like"(suit/cocktail dress) on the past 4 cruises. How many people get the opportunity to wear their prom dress 3 different times after high school? And yes, it's still in perfect style and fits great! I just bought a new dress for our Splendor cruise in April and it's fancy. Like a few others said there aren't many times we get to really dress up. We're going to stay in that 80% that do :D

• 2 weeks later...

We will all dress up for Elegant night for sure! for the non elegant night we will dress nice, no t-shirts. Might as well live the experience once in awhile. We will make it fun for all of our group.

Question? has anyone ever been to El Eden in PV? place where "Predator" was filmed in the jungle. Heard it was beautiful and fun!

Archived