Passports going up

srm54

Yes we can do some thing about it .Being complacent is a huge problem in our country .Trust me when I say that we seniors vote together & we do know the score.Watch this November .

Will I renew when I need a pass port .Yes ;but ,do I like or will we sit by watching the governemnt continue to fleece us .The anser is NO .Never said I liked it....and if you keep renewing, aren't you contradiciting your statement about doing something about it ??? :)

What do you think the Tea Party is all about ?

<----staying clear of you guys w/ walkers and wheelchairs ! :D:eek::p

<----staying clear of you guys w/ walkers and wheelchairs ! :D:eek::p

No walker, no wheelchair, but proud to be a Tea Partier. If we do not change, the US WILL be gone inside 20 years! Logic should tell everyone that!

And of course the Tea Party people were protesting the last 8 years when the huge deficit was being built.:confused:

Back to the original topic, can I renew my passport if it doesn't expire until October 2011?

I think your question was answered above with a YES you can !

Or did you already know that, but just needed to put your two cents in with a Jab to the Tea Party Folks...

Many countries require that passports expiring within 6 months are no longer accepted for entry.

A little known fact: passports are good for identification purposes 10 years after expiration. I use my current passport for flying & boarding, but when going ashore I take my expired passport~~!!~~

My passport expired over 2 years ago and they are still letting me use it as identification when I cruise BUT if I had to fly home suddenly from Cozumel then I would be refused because it is expired. I know..I need to just renew it!!!

Back to the original topic, can I renew my passport if it doesn't expire until October 2011?

You can but in essence, you've lost a year. If you get it renewed now, it will expire in March of 2020. If you wait until say July 2011, it will be good until July 2021. They expire ten years from issue date. You really won't save any money by doing it early becauses you cut the life off the one you have by over a year.

Just wanted to let people know that passport fees are increasing as of March 9, 2010.

Does anyone know how much the renewal fee is? Ours will be expiring soon. :eek: Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Luv's Crusin'

And of course the Tea Party people were protesting the last 8 years when the huge deficit was being built.:confused:

The Tea Party blames the Republicans for overspending too. The Tea Party IS conservative. The GOP CLAIMS to be conservative, they're NOT. The Democrats don't claim to be conservative and they are certainly NOT.

The $5 trillion increase in the debt over the 8 Bush years was terrible. The DOUBLED spending intentions under BHO, was the tipping point that caused the Tea Party to begin. The brakes SHOULD have been put on much sooner, but at least they are being applied NOW!

My signature line In,,,Out, applies equally well to Republicans and Democrats.

The Tea Party blames the Republicans for overspending too. The Tea Party IS conservative. The GOP CLAIMS to be conservative, they're NOT. The Democrats don't claim to be conservative and they are certainly NOT.

The $5 trillion increase in the debt over the 8 Bush years was terrible. The DOUBLED spending intentions under BHO, was the tipping point that caused the Tea Party to begin. The brakes SHOULD have been put on much sooner, but at least they are being applied NOW!

dan do you know if the passport office offers free wi-fi? :confused:

The State Department should be required to mail all notices to each processing location and wait for receipts indicating EVERY location received them before implementing the increase. Said requirment, since it involves USPS delivery, will be indefinately delayed; there's no way the USPS can deliver that many pieces of mail in a timely fashion and many will be lost forever.

This isn't needed as your check will have a date on it, as will your money order.

Not a big deal really.

This seems like as good a spot as any for a random whine.

DH renewed his "concealed carry" permit a few months ago, and the renewal form required passport photos.

He got some made and had some left.

The person at the Post Office who processed his passport application the other day wouldn't take the passport photos DH had.

Said they weren't big enough and charged DH for more photos. :rolleyes:

Since when isn't a "passport photo" a "passport photo"?

This seems like as good a spot as any for a random whine.

DH renewed his "concealed carry" permit a few months ago, and the renewal form required passport photos.

He got some made and had some left.

The person at the Post Office who processed his passport application the other day wouldn't take the passport photos DH had.

Said they weren't big enough and charged DH for more photos. :rolleyes:

Since when isn't a "passport photo" a "passport photo"?

Probably when the Post Office finally had a machine that was working.

I tried and called several P.O. and always got the same story

our machine isn't working, go to Walgreens.

USPS at its best!!:rolleyes:

Archived