Coach Outlet

Uconnfan

The Coach outlets/store in all foreign ports are the same. No deals.

Prices are the same as here in the states, the only difference is you don't pay sales tax. If you are purchasing several bags, there will be a savings. If it's just one bag, save the hassle of packing it and get it at home.

We were at the Coach Outlet in San Juan in December and I got some great savings on lovely items. We were there again in February and same thing..... some very good buys.

There were many items that were not marked down but a large selection of things that were. I know Coach prices and I know some of the things I purchased were definitely good markdown.

Can't promise what it will be when you are there. I only know what we experienced.

We also got very lucky at Burberry. My husband got a new raincoat. The style with the camel color wool color and button out lining was marked down from the price we know it costs at home at about 60% off. They only had about 4 coats but one was his size. We bought and had it shipped home. It arrived beautifully packed in about 10 days.

We were at the Coach Outlet in San Juan in December and I got some great savings on lovely items. We were there again in February and same thing..... some very good buys.

There were many items that were not marked down but a large selection of things that were. I know Coach prices and I know some of the things I purchased were definitely good markdown.

Can't promise what it will be when you are there. I only know what we experienced.

We also got very lucky at Burberry. My husband got a new raincoat. The style with the camel color wool color and button out lining was marked down from the price we know it costs at home at about 60% off. They only had about 4 coats but one was his size. We bought and had it shipped home. It arrived beautifully packed in about 10 days.

"Sadly" we visited the Coach outlet back in October. We have a Coach outlet not far from our home that DW frequents and she found some things at the Coach Outlet in OSJ that were "exceptionally low priced" by HER definition vs the local store.

As S7S says it wasn't everything in the store, some items were more than our local store, most the same and several substatially lower. I think it all has to do with local selling patterns and inventory.

I think, like anything, if you know what something "should" cost you just may find a bargain on something that appeals to you.

All that being said.. Do you REALLY need to spend THAT much $ on a purse? My DW tells me YES! As she really is only extravagant with purses, shoes and jewelery I can't complain....But I still do!

I've been going to Dooney for years and almsot never find any bargains there.

I like a few of their things but rarely buy anything there.

I didn't buy anything, b/c they seem to have stopped making the bag that I like. :( I was also looking for a bag to match a wristlet that my FIL got me from Disney, but I didn't really expect to find it. I did pick up a wristlet for $21. They also had some good discounts... 20-40% off with an additional 25% for anything that had red white or blue in it.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll see when I get there.. My friend is looking for a wristlet, so by the looks of it they have good prices on them. Oh well, It might be a birthday present for myself depending on what they have

I was at the Coach outlet store end of November and I saw quite a few purses and wallets that were cheaper than outlets in the US. The day I was there they were handing out coupons for an additional 20% off. I ended up getting a leather Coach handbag for 70% off the suggested price.

I've been going to Dooney for years and almsot never find any bargains there.

I like a few of their things but rarely buy anything there.

But a Dooney bag lasts like a gazilion years. I'm using one now that is getting on in years but looks brand new. After all the abuse. It's a wonderful thing.

But a Dooney bag lasts like a gazilion years. I'm using one now that is getting on in years but looks brand new. After all the abuse. It's a wonderful thing.

I completely agree! My friend and I were just talking about the tote I've been abusing/using for over a year now, and it looks brand new.

I agree they wear well but the outlet never seems to have any I really like that are less than full retail price or close to it. Not worth lugging home if I can buy at home for just about the same price except for sales tax.

Go to QVC.com to find lots of Dooney bags. Easier to shop on line from them than bother with the less than great San Juan store IMO

I agree they wear well but the outlet never seems to have any I really like that are less than full retail price or close to it. Not worth lugging home if I can buy at home for just about the same price except for sales tax.

Go to QVC.com to find lots of Dooney bags. Easier to shop on line from them than bother with the less than great San Juan store IMO

I got an awesome Dooney bag and it is authentic on Ebay for Christmas at a very great price.:)

I am beyond thrilled to hear this....now just where is the coach and dooney outlet?...OMG! Where is the best shopping? This will be dangerous.:eek::D

150 Calle Cristo

Old San Juan

Easily walkable from where the ships dock.

Dooney and Coach are right across from each other.

There is also Hilfigger, Ralph Lauren and Burberry.

Sail7seas,

You have made my day....I thought we were just going to do a walking tour in San Juan....but nosiree....there will also be some shopping!!

Thanks!

OK so now I'M excited. We have a short day in SJ so I am going to D&B. Is it an outlet or retail store? I thought the D&B store was in a mall outside of town.

we were there last August - we did a B2B on Adventurer. during the layover, on a Sunday, we went to Coach and it opened at 11 am. There was a designer store open across the street that we wandered to escape the heat while we waited.

The Coach outlets/store in all foreign ports are the same. No deals.

Prices are the same as here in the states, the only difference is you don't pay sales tax. If you are purchasing several bags, there will be a savings. If it's just one bag, save the hassle of packing it and get it at home.

Sadly, PR now has a sales tax (IVU) of 7%.

I have not googled this yet BUT the last 2 times in SJ the Coach store closed @ 5pm.

We were THE BEST marathon runners ever to hit the Isalnd:p Wet cobblestones and all. We just made it for my 16 yr old to spend the $$ she had saved over a year when she heard there was a Coach Outlet there.

Next month we don't dock until 5pm and the store is located on the opposite side from the dock...........guess we'll be missing it this time around.

I have not googled this yet BUT the last 2 times in SJ the Coach store closed @ 5pm.

We were THE BEST marathon runners ever to hit the Isalnd:p Wet cobblestones and all. We just made it for my 16 yr old to spend the $$ she had saved over a year when she heard there was a Coach Outlet there.

Next month we don't dock until 5pm and the store is located on the opposite side from the dock...........guess we'll be missing it this time around.

I just found this on Google. Don't know how current the info is but chances are if Ralph Lauren is open until 7 P.M., perhaps Coach is also?? You could try to e-mail and ask so you won't miss a visit that may have been possible.

From google:

The Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet Store is open Monday through Saturday from 930am to 7pm and on Sunday from 11am to 5pm.

We were in San Juan last April and went to Bacardi first and then the Coach Outlet. We docked at 3 pm and were back on the ship about 7:30. I bought 4 bags for $300, one for me, daughter, and both granddaughters. We let taxi go there and it was a leasurely walk back to the ship. I did get in trouble because I forgot my new daughter-in-law to be!! Love that store, but maybe I just hit it on a good day!!!

Archived