Room Service

ocean42

Have cruised with Princess twice before and never really got to terms with room service other than the card you hang on your door for breakfast.

So my question is what is available and at what costs, if any?

I know its basic but feel I might have missed out on things!

Mike

Room service is free except for pizza. I think it comes with a $3 delivery charge.

sorry to ask but when you say its free is that free for them to bring it to your room apart from tip or is the food free aswell

sorry to ask but when you say its free is that free for them to bring it to your room apart from tip or is the food free aswell

The food and service is free 24/7 but we always hand the delivery person a small tip.

Mike:)

When we went on the Caribbean Princess, we loved ordering Room Service. We have the coveted C752 stateroom.

Every morning we would write extra items on the card (i.e. toasted bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, chocolate milk) with OJ and Fresh fruit. Without avail, it came no problem.

We loved the cheeseburgers and fries as my wife loved the vegetarian sandwich from the menu. I doubt we'd get room service all too often if we didn't have a balcony though.

When we went on the Caribbean Princess, we loved ordering Room Service. We have the coveted C752 stateroom.

Every morning we would write extra items on the card (i.e. toasted bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, chocolate milk) with OJ and Fresh fruit. Without avail, it came no problem.

We loved the cheeseburgers and fries as my wife loved the vegetarian sandwich from the menu. I doubt we'd get room service all too often if we didn't have a balcony though.

Im more concerned about this room number... Why do I want C752

Im more concerned about this room number... Why do I want C752

C752 is absolutely amazing and I'll tell you why

1) You have your own PRIVATE corridor/hallway which means NO FOOT TRAFFIC at all hours of the day...perfect for honeymooners :-)

2) You have the WAKE...nothing beats the view/sound of the wake

3) You get a huge balcony which can hold a small table, two chairs, and two loungers no problem

4) The aft balcony gives you the luxury to see to the side and back!

5) You have staterooms above and below you, so no chairs being dragged, no stomping of feet from a jogging track/treadmill....In essence, an extremely quiet room

6) Extremely private, only one room next to you which is a mini-suite I believe.

----------------

It's a category BB and its the most bang for your buck! There are tons of pictures on here of this coveted cabin! If we had the money, we would book on the emerald for our august cruise as it's still available as of tonight.

Others can chime in and rant and rave about this room!

It is?? I thought room service was not usually included in the daily tips/service charges.

I've never once saw a reference suggesting that the per day/per person tip includes room service. Room service is one of those things above/beyond. It would be like not tipping when you get a massage or your hair/nails done.

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that didn't give the person delivering something to your room a couple dollars. I think even folks that live in countries where tipping is not expected don't leave a couple of dollars for the staff person delivering room service.

Bring some ones with you...give what you feel is right...I've read anywhere from $1 (coffee) to $10, depending on what was ordered (how many trays of food--ha!).

Dawn

Have cruised with Princess twice before and never really got to terms with room service other than the card you hang on your door for breakfast.

So my question is what is available and at what costs, if any?

I know its basic but feel I might have missed out on things!

Mike

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned this in response to the original question. The OP seems to be unsure of what is available other than on the breakfast card - sorry if this is obvious, but have you actually looked in the Princess book that is left on your table which lists all services on board, including room service menus? ;)

Archived