So we are booked on the Fantasy

~earthmama~

I have booked U68 and adjoining suite U70. We have 6 adults and one 11 month old. Will these two rooms give u plenty of room? DH, the babe and I plan to use the OV room so he has a quiet place to sleep. Is there room to walk with the crib?

I've been on the Paradise and Elation about 9 times. They are two of the eight Fantasy Class sister ships. You will be a bit crowded, but not too bad with the crib in there.

The cabin will seem bigger if the lower beds are kept as twins along the walls. I know that isn't too romantic ;) but it is an option.

Remember to store your luggage under the bed.

I think you'll be just fine. The Fantasy class ships have some of the biggest, standard non-suite cabins there are - comparatively speaking. (I've been on the Inspiration, which has very similar cabins.) The advantage you will have is two bathrooms - which are larger than any bathroom I've had on any line I've cruised! Are you bringing your own Pack & Play or using the ship's crib (if you do this, be sure to request one ahead of time!). yogi2929 gave you some very good advice about keeping the twin beds separate and against the walls, or in an L-shaped configuration. That way, the crib can be placed on the floor with sufficient (but not ample) walk room. You kind of learn to walk sideways. Also, if your cabin has a pull-down berth, that could be very useful for holding all kinds of baby things, like a stroller, carseat, backpacks, etc., and keep them off the floor. Let your cabin steward know if you want the crib folded away during the day or left ready to use. Sounds like there will be two adults and baby in one cabin, and four adults in the other. On the Inspiration, there were four adults in our cabin, so we had two twins and two pull-downs. It was crowded, but manageable. The saving factor was the large bathroom! Please remember that your 11-month old will not be allowed to use any of the ship's pools or Camp Carnival (without you), but on your stops, you should find some great calm-water beaches. Bring your own diapers - don't think they're sold on board at all. These cabins are about 1/3 the size of a typical motel room, so be prepared. Enjoy your cruise!

I figured we'd just use their crib. Is there any reason not to?

Not really. You just need to make sure you have requested it well ahead of time and that it is confirmed, so that it'll be in your cabin when you arrive. There's usually a limited supply on each ship. Some posters have mentioned to bring your own crib sheets, as they're not always provided, or if they are, some parents prefer to use their own sheets and blankets.

Just wanted to correct something that was posted above....hope this helps :D

Your 11 month old will be able to use Camp Carnival in the form of "Under 2's Babysitting Service"

Here is the info for the Under 2's, there is actually some babysitting times available where mommy doesn't have to be there.

Hours on Sea Days

"Family Play Time" is scheduled from 12:00pm to 2:00pm (or 1:00pm to 3:00pm).

Only parents and their Under-2 child are permitted in the playroom to use the facilities that we have to offer in Camp Carnival. Parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Counselors.

Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see “Babysitting”).

Hours on Port Days

Care for children under-2 is considered "Babysitting". Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see "Babysitting").

*On port day mornings, care for children under-2 begins from port arrival until 12:00 noon (or until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time).

Evenings

Babysitting is provided for children under-2, nightly, from 10:00pm to 3:00am. Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see "Babysitting").

*Babysitting: From 10:00pm-3:00am each evening of the cruise.

Archived