Is Westerdam Gay Friendly?

cruisin475

My Partner and I are sailing on the Westerdam March 28,2010 We have noticed that HACL are in the top 10 for gay cruises, my question is posed to other gay/lesbian cruisers of the Westerdam.

1. Was it gay friendly?

2. If so or if not tell why.

3. Any other gay men on the Westerdam on 3-28-10

Thanks for your help :-)

We were on Eurodam, back-to-back January 30 and February 6. The day we disembarked, RSVP charter embarked for a week's cruise. They charter various ships and probably have at one time or another chartered on Westerdam.

Only SOME people on this board get excited about robes, caps, etc. I'm not one of them.

I was on a RSVP cruise on the Westerdam last year (Seattle to Alaska) and every crew member I came in contact with seemed perfectly fine with us :).

Try RSVP sometime. They charter many HAL ships, of course, you may have to dig deeper into your pocket, but its an experience well worth the added expense.

To the OP Cruisin,

In one word, YES !

ALL cruise lines and ships will have their contingent of crew and staff that are gay. Plus it is hard to imagine any sailing without some other gay passengers onboard. That being said HAL is very positively Gay friendly.

There is a reason that RSVP uses them repeatedly. :)

I have been on 5 RSVP cruises on HAL, and last August was on the Westerdam to Alaska. RSVP has used the Westerdam 3 times that I know of.

And I just got off the Eurodam with Typhoon and Boytjie. Next year we are on the Nieuw Amsterdam. :D

There is nothing to compare with a RSVP cruise (price penalty be damned) and HAL is a large part of that experience.

To prove the point, I have come across numerous HAL employees that I remember (and that remember me) from previous cruises, they have said that they, and many, adjust their contracts to coincide with RSVP cruises. I have even known Captains & Hotel Managers (no less!) and Cruise Directors to do this. :cool:

This says more than any words as to HAL's appreciation of gays.

Enjoy your cruise on the Westerdam, it would be hard not to.

r.

PS: 7, didn't know you were on the "voyage of the lost anchor"

PPS: Gunther, did we meet onboard ?

Wow I am totally stoked about this cruise line!:D

Thank you to each and every one of you that have taken the time to reply to my questions, and tell your stories.:D

I'm sure my husband and I will truly enjoy our time aboard the Westerdam....... :):D:):D

I doubt it...I'm pretty shy :).

Shy on an RSVP cruise ??????

Well I was around everywhere making a fool of myself, so you probably saw me. :eek:

Bingo, shows, M&G, games, etc. I was always there. :cool:

r.

PS: Bon Voyage for the OOsterdam.

Yes HAL is Gay friendly, as are most lines! Everyone on board is out to have a good time. Naturally there will be some with raised brows :eek:. Ignore them and enjoy yourself.

Life is too short. Don't waste time thinking about what people think of you. Hold on to the ones that care; in the end they will be the only ones there.

Archived