Real Comparison Needed Please

tarbashchaputi

We just returned from the Conquest in December and we are getting ready to book our next cruise. I am looking at either the Valor or one of the RCCL Voyager ships. Wondering if anyone can list the pros and cons of each to assist us with this. I am leaning toward the Valor, because we enjoyed the conquest so much, but part of me wants to try something different as well. My thought is that both lines are more similar than different, but I would like some other opinions.

thanks,

Brian

Someone is HOOKED. I figured you would love the Conquest. The Valor is identical to the Valor - except for the ports of call and the names of the public areas. So someone who has done both Conquest and RCCL Voyager class should be able to help also. I've only done one RCCL cruise and it was on Rhapsody - so I can't help you there. To me the big push on the Voyager class is the extras like the ice skating and such - and to be honest I don't want to spend the extra for those types of things.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Conquest. I can't wait to do her again - Only like 190 days now - LOL.

I haven't been on a Conquest CCL ship but I've been on Fantasy class ships and the Voyager of the Seas. You will enjoy either one. We enjoyed both and will do both again. We're booked on the Legend a spirt class ship in March and I can't wait. I've read all great things about this class ship.

Pros and Cons let me think.

CCL Pros, entertainment and nightlife. Example late night comedy shows, we love these. More going on in the clubs. Now I've only been on the older and smaller ships and loved them I can guess the newer ships are even better.

RCCL Pros, the parades, all the little extras, for us it was Johnny Rockets that was cool. We didn't rock climb, roller blade or ice shate but it was available. The ice skating show was nice we saw it twice.

I can say food was good on both about the same. Cabin size I can't say we got a handicapped room on the VOS and it was big, but I have read the regular cabins are bigger on CCL.

Can't go wrong with either one. I would choose by, itineray, price and where the ship leaves from AKA travel expenses.

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps looking at the price would be the best bet. I really can't see my fat butt climbing a rock wall, although I do play ice hockey:D. I'm all about finding deals! These ships all seemingly do the same destinations. However having been on Carnival before, would entitle me to the Past Guest shindig - also known as a warm up buzz!!!!

BJG

I have been on RCCL Voyager class ship (Explorer) and Carnival's Fantasy and Spirit class ships. The food was better on Carnival. The entertainment was about the same. The rooms are smaller on RCCL, but the RCCL ship is beautiful. The inside cabins that look into the promenade on RCCL are really cool and if you are watching your money, try one. Light comes into the cabin because of the window that looks into the promenade area which has a tremendous skylight. They also offer a great view of the parades. You can't go wrong on either ship, but I would say try something new and do RCCL if the cost is close. I don't do all that other stuff RCCL offers, but it is nice to have it there if you want to. Just to add to the mix, the Spirit class ships are by far the best Carnival ships afloat. If you get the chance, try one.

Archived