Help With Picking Ship-Jan 2011

We love the southern route the Victory is doing. A different port every day. It's really great, and the scenery is awesome.

.....almost seems like work to me. ;)

I need sea days. Yes I know you can stay on the ship and not go into port, but I like not seeing land. After all, I'm on it almost every day (except when I cruise).

:D

wasiii

Looking at the "Splendor" (pvr-mazatlan-cabo) "Valor"-(Belize-Cayman-Roatan-Cozumel) or "Victory" (southern Caribbean). Ages range from 70 to 4. Looking for little something for everyone. Any info would be great

Having been on the Splendor Swine Flu cruise when Mexico was closed and our only port was San Francisco, I would probably say either Valor or Victory. It would probably depend more on what you are looking for from your cruise. I'll be doing Victory next month and as someone who loves sea days, I'm not sure how much I'll like a new port every day.

I am looking to do Splendor again but if you need to miss a port for whatever reason, there isn't much to replace it with. Also, I think you might be able to find a better choice of shore activities on either Valor or Victory.

We loved the Valor. The ship was in great condition, lots for kids and families to do, the supper club was amazing, enjoyed the different clubs and public areas, and the Western Carib itinerary was really cool. I reviewed my Valor cruise, link in sig, if you are interested.

Since you're going in January, I would choose the Western or the Southern Caribbean routes. The Southern will be the warmest. I hear it's pretty cold out of L.A. until you reach your first Port of Call. I'm all for the warm in January. Plus the Caribbean is much prettier than the Mexican Riviera. :)

Hello,

We were on the Dream in Jan doing the Belize,ect cruise. We are booked on the Victory for Jan 2011. We decided on it for a few reasons. 1. Mexico really isn't for us. We had a great time but it's not a repeater for us. 2. No at sea days (Again - not for us) and 3. Warmer. Just happened that Mexico was the coldest it had been in 30 years. We arrived in Florida and it was 32 degrees. The warmest day was the last day and it got to 70 degrees. So we decided that we were going to go more south.

Have fun planning

Looking at the "Splendor" (pvr-mazatlan-cabo) "Valor"-(Belize-Cayman-Roatan-Cozumel) or "Victory" (southern Caribbean). Ages range from 70 to 4. Looking for little something for everyone. Any info would be great

We've been on all 3 ships.......our favorite of the 3 was definitely the Valor. We, too, would go to the Caribbean in January instead of Mex. Riviera, having just returned from the Splendor and Mex. Riviera a few weeks ago. It was definitely cool to cold for most of the trip. The roof over the pool was kept closed on all the sea days. Too cold to use the water slides etc , this may pose a problem for the children with you. The weather on the stops in Mexico was nice, but you have to be careful about eating/drinking food off the ship in Mexico....which could be difficult with kids.

As for the Victory, it was our one and only cruise that was not up to par. We found the ship to be in less than standard condition, our balcony rooms were very dirty (we took pix - may have been just a very poor steward who was not cleaning up to par....but pretty bad!). The food was excellent and was what kept us fairly happy. But this cruise/ship did not live up to Carnival's standards for us.

The Valor was just wonderful in all ways. Beautiful ship, great itinerary, lots to do, great food and warm weather for a cruise in January. The kids and older folks will all have many things to do, both on the ship and off.

Archived