Should Carnival get rid of the waiter dance in the MDR?

a3593

Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?  

1,717 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?

• Yes
    • No

I can assure you that the dancing has driven me right into the embrace of Your Time Dining. That, and my all-encompassing gambling habit.

Also to consider when experiencing this fine dining ... the beeper they give you when there is a wait for YTD, just like Chillis or Famous Daves... :p

Actually that sounds like the perfect reason to keep the dancing...You can always politely say you are laughing "with" them if you have to... ;)

Tenga, bless your heart. No one who has ever met me has ever accused me of laughing with them. ;)

Also to consider when experiencing this fine dining ... the beeper they give you when there is a wait for YTD, just like Chillis or Famous Daves... :p

I can live with that, especially if there's a bar in range. I can also live with loitering quietly until my table is ready.

No. For some reason I have Eric Burdon and David Johansen confused today. I'm blaming it on the fact that I actually did some work earlier this morning which has made me even stupider than I already was. ;)

Cat.. been there done that... no worries.. Just thought there was possibly a punk rock version that I didn't know of! lol

Perhaps Me First & The Gimme Gimme's are reading.. lol

I'm in the "ditch it" camp when it comes to the "singing/dancing waiters."

On my last Carnival cruise, our waiter thoroughly enjoyed himself dancing and singing...moreso than serving his customers. I was told more than one time "in a mee-nut" when I asked for my desert and coffee.

After the "show" I was served up a cold cappuccino and chocolate melting cake along with a puddle of vanilla ice cream.

If Carnival wants to provide "entertainment" in the dining room, they should bring in their "entertainment" staff and let the waiters do their job.

The option of Your Time Dining really does allow everyone to have the experience they want.

If you want more of an on land dining experience - then use the Your Time Dining option and time it to avoid the singing/dancing.

If you want the traditional Carnival dining room experience, you can stick with the regular dining room times.

Nothing has to be banned or eliminated. Just choose the experience you want.

The option of the buffet and specialty restaurants is also there.

Choice is good!

I can assure you that the dancing has driven me right into the embrace of Your Time Dining. That, and my all-encompassing gambling habit.

We are really excited about your time dining and if my husband ever does the freaking taxes I can start looking at booking so we CAN try the your time dining :D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh it vibrates? That is fun to put under someones seat cushion, when it goes off, just watch the reaction;):p

I don't like it every night. It's still disruptive when they do it because service stops. We had ordered desert and didn't get it for 25 minutes because of the dancing and singing. I must say, all of them had big smiles on their faces and seemed to be enjoying it on my cruise last week.

I've been on cruises where the staff try to hide to get out it or just look miserable.

I love it.:) Sorry and I am not a kid. May be a kid at heart. Those of you old at heart might want to take a different ship then and let us young at heart have fun.:D

I totally agree :)

If the waitstaff would prefer not to do it, or feel that it is demeaning, I'd have no problem with it being cancelled...but as long as they don't mind, I actually enjoy it. It's a "fun ship", after all... so why not allow the waitstaff some fun as well? :D

Dump it! Our waiter told us flat out on our last Carnival cruise that the majority of the staff absolutely DREADS it but the only other option is to find another job.

If that is the case, and they truly do dread it... I say get rid of it also. I enjoy watching it, but I do not believe I should be getting entertainment at the discomfort of others. To me, that's no different than going to the circus to see those trained animals perform. It's wrong. Maybe Carnival needs to do the right thing and take an anonymous poll from the wait staff and either keep it, or get rid of it, based on that. Just my opinion. :)

If that is the case, and they truly do dread it... I say get rid of it also. I enjoy watching it, but I do not believe I should be getting entertainment at the discomfort of others. To me, that's no different than going to the circus to see those trained animals perform. It's wrong. Maybe Carnival needs to do the right thing and take an anonymous poll from the wait staff and either keep it, or get rid of it, based on that. Just my opinion. :)

Yes but that would also be assuming the voice of one speaks for all...we all have our grouchy moments, who knows where that staffer was "at" in their life. I think if you saw a petition by the wait staff to cease the show that would have more weight than someone having a bad day... :confused:

[quote name=lemurcat;23415652

maybe it's just me' date=' but a fine dining experience doesn't include watching a 30-something cougar bump-and-grind on the waitstaff while wearing a prom gown that fits her like a sausage casing. **shudders**[/quote]

roflol!!!!

I have a feeling some of the waiters "dread" carrying trays filled with 12 entrees, busing tables of plates with half-eaten food, and smiling at people at the late dinner seating when they've already been working for 10 hours that day. If they really hate the singing/dancing - there are other lines which don't have it.

Dump it! Our waiter told us flat out on our last Carnival cruise that the majority of the staff absolutely DREADS it but the only other option is to find another job.

Wonder if that's the reason some of them wear masks when dancing?

I thought they were very creepy......

I feel it is demeaning asking grown adults to perform for their money. It reminds me of rewarding an animal for a trick. These are people, PEOPLE. I think there is enough entertainment in the lounges with shows, comedy, games, etc.

What do you think? I vote yes...how about you? I find it disruptive, and I feel sorry for the folks forced to do it!

I feel it is demeaning asking grown adults to perform for their money. It reminds me of rewarding an animal for a trick. These are people, PEOPLE. I think there is enough entertainment in the lounges with shows, comedy, games, etc.

You've pretty much described why I don't go to Cold Stone Creamery anymore. I actually had a kid beg me not to leave a tip so they didn't have to sing. :rolleyes: Poor buggers.

I love the dancing & singing by the wait staff! And I can honestly say that they look like they're having a good time...smiling & clapping...jumping up on the serving pedestals to dance! It's all in good fun! Happy & congenial wait staff are generally rewarded with good tips at cruise-end also...;)...so it's a win-win situation. Good for us & good for them!

Archived