HELP!!! NCL Dawn vs Carnival Miracle

first_timer2

Hi,

This is our 3rd cruise and have been on carnival before (4 day bahamas) and wasn't too impressed with it...but I refuse to say I'm never going to try Carnival again. Right now, I'm stuck between 2 itenaries that I really like and I don't know what to do. NCL dawn 7 days to Bermuda or Carnival Miracle 8 days caribbean. Both are in May and Carnival is quite a bit cheaper than NCL. The price is not what will make me choose one over the other...what will is the food at the restaurants. After a beautiful day, I love to sit at a restaurant and discover the various delicious food they offer.

Our first cruise was with Princess Caribbean and it left us in amazment! Can I compare these 2 cruiselines to princess or I'm totally out in the left field by looking at either of these 2? I really need your help with this!

thank you all

because both of these ships are nice The food is great on both. If you like the idea of casual anytime dining and a wonderful crew, the Dawn is for you. The Miracle may appear to be a little more Princess-like in looks. You can't miss on either ship. Have fun! Barb:D

Hi,

This is our 3rd cruise and have been on carnival before (4 day bahamas) and wasn't too impressed with it...but I refuse to say I'm never going to try Carnival again. Right now, I'm stuck between 2 itenaries that I really like and I don't know what to do. NCL dawn 7 days to Bermuda or Carnival Miracle 8 days caribbean. Both are in May and Carnival is quite a bit cheaper than NCL. The price is not what will make me choose one over the other...what will is the food at the restaurants. After a beautiful day, I love to sit at a restaurant and discover the various delicious food they offer.

Our first cruise was with Princess Caribbean and it left us in amazment! Can I compare these 2 cruiselines to princess or I'm totally out in the left field by looking at either of these 2? I really need your help with this!

thank you all

I have been on the Dawn twice and the Carnival Miracle once. We liked both cruise ships and would have no problem going back on both.

I have not been on Princess yet. I plan to some day. I actuallythink that there are more things similar on cruise lines than different. It might be helpful to know what you really liked about the Princess cruise. If it is dining at the same table, with the same waiter every night, you may want to go on Carnival.

We like the freestyle dining and the options to dine at different restaurants and at different times. There are things that we prefer with NCL and things that we prefer with Carnival. However, my next 2 cruises are with NCL so that may give you a hint that I like NCL, expecially the suite accomodations, a bit more.

I have sailed both cruise lines may times. As others have said they are more similar then different. If Carnival is cheaper and is an 8 day cruise in May my choice would be Carnival. Bermuda may still be a little chilly if you are planning to go to the beach or perhaps snorkle. Whichever cruise you choose have a great time.

Ooohhhh, you do have a tough decision to make :p:D. I have both (NCL Bermuda and Carnival Miracle 8-Day Miracle) on my "wish" list.

I agree with the poster who said choose based on the itinerary.

In my case Bermuda is higher on the list than Caribbean simply because we haven't been to Bermuda yet.

You'll have a great time on either cruise. Happy sailing!

Something to consider is that the water in Bermuda is fairly chilly in May. 70 degrees ocean temps in early May, mid 70's by the middle of May.

Historical weather for May 15:

http://www.bermudaweather.bm/may15.asp

If you don't like cold water, this should have some bearing on your decision. Bermuda is not like Caribbean.

I have been on both the Dawn and Carnival Miracle, and loved them both. I do think that the food was better on Carnival, but I did not really try and specailty restaurants on the Dawn. Also, the Miracle now offers you the option of anytime dining or traditional. We did the anytime dining last year and never had to wait for a table. THey are both great options. I would think twice about doing Bermuda in May because the water still be cold.

I'm not partial to one cruise line. Have sailed with RC, Carnival, & NCL, with a cruise coming up on the Dawn!

Of all the cruises (7) I've taken, the MIRACLE has been my favorite so far. I absolutely loved the ship and the 8 day itinerary.

Karen

Archived