Trays?

iowagirl411

When we sailed on the Pride of Hawaii a few years ago, the buffet was miserable in our eyes. My friend needs to use a wheel chair or a scooter. she needs help. All the kiosks of food and drink were wrapped around and around with Saran wrap.The workers in kiosks couldn't eve see my friend. There were no crew members to help us. I had to take her from Kiosk to Kiosk to get her foot and drink. Don't forget to ask for silverware, as they won't ask you if you want it. You take all that back to the table and then you have to get her something to drink. You finally get a chance to get your own food and drink, and your friend is then ready for dessert or something else by the time you get back. It is a long process and we never got to eat at the same time in the buffet. One morning, the final day on the ship, we found a table and then I went after food. I know what she likes, as we'd been doing it several times that week. I knew she didn't like pastries with fruit in it, so I got a couple different muffins for her and the pastries for me. I set the stuff down on the table and then left to stand in line for the beverages. When I got back, she had eaten all of the pastries with the fruit, and none of the muffins. No danishes for me. By that time, it was time for us to leave the ship.

I know what she likes, as we'd been doing it several times that week. I knew she didn't like pastries with fruit in it, so I got a couple different muffins for her and the pastries for me. I set the stuff down on the table and then left to stand in line for the beverages. When I got back, she had eaten all of the pastries with the fruit, and none of the muffins. No danishes for me. By that time, it was time for us to leave the ship.

Well your friend isn't very nice, My family and I were on the Star a total of 6 of us. My son is in a wheelchair and I played waitress to all of them. They timed it so we all ate together. I do not mind getting up several times, just gives me one more reason to be thankful that I can.Not a biggie, if it was such an issue there are two other restaurants on board that provide table side service. No trays=No problems.

Did I read somewhere that NCL doesn't have trays at the buffet?

You are correct, the Pearl and the Jewel both do not have trays in the buffet. Do what we do, bring your own! They take up hardly any room in your suitcase. BTW, the reason they have stopped providing trays, is because people couldn't handle the food on the trays as they carried their selections to a table and would drop the plates and drinks. So, NCL decided that if you don't carry a lot of stuff, ( 1 plate + 1 drink or 1 plate in each hand), there would less accidents in the buffet.

... The only problem about multiple trips is that someone sits down at your table or the table gets bussed before you get back. Dave

I find a place to sit before I get my food. I put a book on the table and sometimes my jacket on the back of the chair. Then I get my food. I've never had trouble holding a table that way. Works too when I've finished the entree part of my meal and am ready to go choose a dessert. The book lets pax or crew know I'm returning to the table.

Archived