Can I Get a Day Pass to Hotel Barcelo in PV?

shoop

Hi - I formerly responded to a thread instead of posting a new one. Sorry, just getting the hang of this...

Several people have said that they went to the Hotel Barcelo for the day when their cruise ship stopped in Puerta Vallarta. Three of us (adults) will be on the Radiance of the Seas in April and would love to get to the Hotel Barcelo for the day.

How much should we expect to pay for a taxi to get us there? (3 adults) and will there be one readily available to take us back on time?

I've heard it's 20-30 minutes away from the cruise ship - can anyone confirm?

How much for a day pass to spend the day at the hotel and use their ammentities (pool, bar, etc.)?

I usually only use cruise ship excursions so this "being on our own" will be new to us. I'd really like to try it though and I keep hearing what a great place this is. I emailed the hotel directly with my questions but didn't get a response.

Thanks for your help!

looks very nice, far south, $15+ taxi ride. We would just show up with white cruise ship towels, avoid the reception desk, and try to blend in; order drinks and pay cash, and generously tip, and then "wing it" calmly, slowly and softly bargain with the staff if their we any questions. Could be wristband controlled and hard to get in though

map link => http://wikimapia.org/#lat=20.5327766&lon=-105.2910698&z=17&l=0&m=b&search=barcelo

you might search and/or post in the sister forum tripadvisor. Don't recall the barcelo coming up here before

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150793-i46-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html

looks very nice, far south, $15+ taxi ride. We would just show up with white cruise ship towels, avoid the reception desk, and try to blend in; order drinks and pay cash, and generously tip, and then "wing it" calmly, slowly and softly bargain with the staff if their we any questions. Could be wristband controlled and hard to get in though

map link => http://wikimapia.org/#lat=20.5327766&lon=-105.2910698&z=17&l=0&m=b&search=barcelo

you might search and/or post in the sister forum tripadvisor. Don't recall the barcelo coming up here before

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150793-i46-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html

Barcelo is an All Inclusive so wandering in with your white cruise towel avoiding the reception desk and trying to blend in and doing what you suggest is going to get someone ejected from the property very fast.

Waistbands are in use so......

Also a taxi one way one would be looking at about 300 pesos so about $30 USD one way.

Barcelo is about a 20 - 30 mins drive from downtown depending on traffic, it is south of PV in Mismaloya.

Waistbands are in use so......

Dang! it's gettin harder and harder to visit the finest resorts in the MR.

We didn't make it in to the Grand Mayan in PV this season (well, we could have, we actually were issued visitor wrist bands, and could have returned in a different entry after the staff was too busy to deal with us at the place we were issued the wrist bands, but we passed, as PV has so many other great sights to see)

but we did manage to make it in to the BRAND NEW ELEGANT GINORMOUS WRIST BAND CONTROLLED ALL INCLUSIVE RIU in Mazatlan for a self guided tour recently (we tipped a maid $1 to see this view in a room being cleaned, we didn't have to tip her, but she was so nice to let us wander thru as she cleaned)

IMG_3930a-1.jpg

The grand mayan in PV on a prior season, with the yellow visitor wrist bands and self guided tour (visitor wrist band is green this season)

IMG_9652.jpg

I just saw this on TA and thought it might help the OP. I don't think Barcelo likes day passes.....but to be honest I think the surroundings at the resort are nice but you can do much better in PV at another AI.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k3466375-Day_Pass_For_Barcelo_Mismayola_Puerto_Vallarta-Puerto_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html

I drove by the Barcelo Mismaloya recently en saw a sign along the road saying they have daypasses. I donot remember the exact price, think it was about US$ 30.-- So send them an e-mail to check it.

From the cruiseterminal it is at least 30+ minute ride along the coast with nice views. But take one of the yellow-cabs from the Hwy and make a deal before getting into the cab.

Barcelo must have day passes since it is offered as a day tour on the RCCL-Mariner this year.It is promoted as the location of the John Houston directed movie classic'Night of the Iguana'.

Unfortunately the ship's price per person is $78 for a day tour,which is pretty steep!:)

Archived