HELP re fishing on our cruisetour

ladyscot1

We will be with Princess cruisetour August 23-Sept 6th. Want to do some fishing, and have it sent home. Has anyone used Kenai River Guides out of Saldotna. They seem very reasonable,

should we go with one of Princess excursions for fishing. Or should it be better to wait and try while on the cruise - and where would the best place be to do this. we just want the thrill of catching our own salmon, I understand its late in the season.

Ive looked at all the threads, however Im still in a quandry.

Please help. thanks Lindsey

We will be with Princess cruisetour August 23-Sept 6th. Want to do some fishing, and have it sent home. Has anyone used Kenai River Guides out of Saldotna. They seem very reasonable,

should we go with one of Princess excursions for fishing. Or should it be better to wait and try while on the cruise - and where would the best place be to do this. we just want the thrill of catching our own salmon, I understand its late in the season.

Ive looked at all the threads, however Im still in a quandry.

Please help. thanks Lindsey

1. Have you checked to make sure Princess will allow private guides on their property (Kenai Princess)??? Since you mention cruise tour, I assume you will not have a car. And the Kenai Princess has NOT allowed private guides to pick up customers from their property for the last two years. It is about 2 miles to walk to the road. This may have changed this year, since bookings are still slow. Please check. If that is the case (no private excursions), you will have to take a Princess excursion.

You are there the PERFECT time for silver salmon. And the fish processing plants in the Soldotna/Homer/Ninilchik areas are some of the best in the state, IMHO. We spend a lot of time in Homer and DH goes JUST to go fishing all over the area (I go to Alaska because I have business).

Archived