Using Priceline for Tampa...HELP!!!

Nicole721

I've never used priceline.com (or anything like it) ever so I've heard so much about saving $$ when using it that I want to give it a shot.

Basically, what's the lowest I should bid to get a 3* or 4* hotel?

And another question...it says the rooms are double occupancy only? We have four travelers. Do we need to book two rooms or can we book the one room for four (we've done this on every vacation we've been on when we've booked directly)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

I got a 3* for 70 dollars, which is high, but I'm going during peak times. I have read others getting a hotel for around 50 or so. I got the Marriott Airport hotel. I'm happy with it, the reviews I have read are good. Good luck! We have 6 people and booked 3 rooms because you can request 2 double beds, but the hotels will give you whatever is available. I've done priceline many times, and sometimes get a king, and sometimes 2 doubles. The Marriott was very firm in stating I could put in a request, but I'll get whatever is leftover. I'm happy with that since the rooms normally go for around 200 dollars!

I just used priceline for our November precruise Tampa stay and got the Wyndham Westshore (*3) for $50. It's got mixed reviews on tripadvisor but as long as it has a bed and shower, I'm okay for the price. Do you know what zone you want to stay in? I only bid on Tampa Airport/Westshore zone and got this hotel. Happy Sailing

Hey Nicole721,

Just booked on priceline for Tampa on 3/27/05. Got the Residence Inn Tampa Downtown. 1 mile from port. Had to bid twice but got it for 53.00 and it's rated 3*

I checked there website and the rooms re 159.00 a night if you book on there web site. Good luck....

I used Priceline when I booked my pre-night stay for February 12th. We had never used it before either. I paid $65 for the Marriott Westshore, which I didn't feel was too bad since their website was showing upwards of $200 per night.

I believe I only put in the Westshore/Airport area and 3*. I hear of people getting their rooms for lower prices, and I believe I started out low at around $45, but had to increase until they accepted.

I would use them again.

Archived