Proper Street Map of Barbados?

blueflicker

I'm trying to locate a proper (clear) street map of Barbados, specificly of the St. Lawrence Gap area, either online or in a tourist type of book. Any suggestions? I've looked and found only artistic renderings etc...

We plan to just head over to the Gap to Rostrevor, just to wander around an area where we used to vacation each year when I was a child. I wanted to familiarize myself with the area before heading there from Bridgetown.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any input. :)

(I noticed that the Pisces restaurant may still be there... wondering whereabouts the Pepper Pot used to be... going by childhood memories. lol)

You really need a local because the maps available are very basic to say the least, enough to give you an idea of where things are but not to navigate by. If you go to "Barbados in a nutshell" this is a free booklet given away on the island, lots of info in there, mostly advertising but there is a map too. Google Earth /maps may help too.

You really need a local because the maps available are very basic to say the least, enough to give you an idea of where things are but not to navigate by. If you go to "Barbados in a nutshell" this is a free booklet given away on the island, lots of info in there, mostly advertising but there is a map too. Google Earth /maps may help too.

Thanks... I wonder what will be open when we are there, as it will be Easter. *sigh* We tried Google Earth... yeeeck... lol I'll keep hunting.

The roads have likely not changed too much. The PepperPot that I'm familiar with is/was located on Worthing Main Road heading towards the Graham Hall roundabout. he building is still there but the PepperPot is not.

Pieces is still located in St. Lawrence Gap, and while the buildings may be the same, many of the restaurants have changed hands and names

Skyviews has come out with a pretty good Atlas of Barbados. http://www.skyviews.com/sv/Public/Barbados/BarbadosHome.asp the only map online is pretty standard.. the cost of the atlas is 25.00usd.. but would be a keeper if you really wanted that detail of Barbados Roads.

The best map of Barbados I've been able to find is the one published by Globetrotter, distributed in the United States by The Globe Pequot Press in Connecticut.

The best map of Barbados I've been able to find is the one published by Globetrotter,

distributed in the United States by The Globe Pequot Press in Connecticut.

Your post sent me running for the very good Barbados map

my visiting brother-in-law left with me, two yrs. ago.

Turns out it's Globetrotter! :)

Scale 1: 41,000 -and by far the best map of the island I've come across

and that's from someone who lives on the island, and knows these roads!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent suggestions... I'll have to see if there is a bookstore of any type near where we are staying in Ft L the night before our cruise... I do have a small travel book on Barbados which has a basic map of the areas, but nothing that shows how close they are to each other and how they connect. I was happy to see that Pisces was still listed as being in the Gap where I remember it used to be.

The roads have likely not changed too much. The PepperPot that I'm familiar with is/was located on Worthing Main Road heading towards the Graham Hall roundabout. he building is still there but the PepperPot is not.

Pieces is still located in St. Lawrence Gap, and while the buildings may be the same, many of the restaurants have changed hands and names

Skyviews has come out with a pretty good Atlas of Barbados. http://www.skyviews.com/sv/Public/Barbados/BarbadosHome.asp the only map online is pretty standard.. the cost of the atlas is 25.00usd.. but would be a keeper if you really wanted that detail of Barbados Roads.

Thank you for giving me a few more details as to where the Pepper Pot *was*... I'm going by the memory of when I was 10!! lol I'm hoping that we can at least walk around the Gap area, even if things are closed due to it being Easter. 10 days and counting!! woo hoo.....

We were very surprised at how much St. Lawrence Gap has changed since 1984 when we first went there. The PepperPot that you are referring to.....I remember a restaurant/pub called The Captains Carvery or something like that and they had the BEST Pepperpot Soup I have ever eaten. Could that be the same restaurant? When we went back down there a few years ago and discovered the big changes, we did eat where we remember the restaurant to be. We ordered the Pepperpot soup and we were so disappointed.

Barbados is one of our favorite islands to visit.

Have a great time!!

Archived