NCL Jewel w/ baby in diapers- What size blow-up pool will fit balcony?

happyfaerie

Hi All,

We will be traveling on the Jewel in May out of NYC. Since my 18 month old is not allowed in the public pool (bec hes still in a diaper) a lot of ppl suggested bringing a small blow-up pool for the balcony. Sounds crazy, but many ppl say they do it.

Can anyone suggest what size/brand pool will fit nicely without being too big?

I asked for dimensions of the balcony and they told me 38 sq feet which doesnt really help mathematically challenged people like me . any advice would be appreciated!

thanks

C

You want as small a pool as possible since you have to blow it up. Also, it will require less water that way to create a few inches to splash in. I don't believe you're allowed to leave it on your deck, so the small size works in your favor in that regard as well. Many of us have used the duck pool referred to above. Target has them for about $10-$12 and they also fit into the shower area for use for bathing. The bill of the duck quacks, which toddlers like, and it has a suction cup attached so you can stick it to the wall of the bathroom out of the way when not in use.

Best,

Mia

This is the duck tub...

http://www.target.com/dp/B002BFTO1S/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_1_2/184-7767532-3617160?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&qid=1267840489&sr=1-2&rh=k%3AMunchkin%20White%20Hot%20Inflatable%20Duck%20Tub&page=1

As Mia said, most of us used it for double duty -- using it as a pool and as a bathtub to put in the bottom of the shower.

But if you think he'll want something bigger, you can get a small inflatable pool from the dollar store (or a place like that)

Just make sure you can find a way to empty it (not over the side of the ship!) when you're done.

It may be easier to take it to the pool deck...there are floor drains to empty it into!

Good point! (Shower drains on pool decks)

Archived