Alcohol from Room Service

jones391

I saw somewhere that you can order a bottle of alcohol from “Room Service” at similar prices as the Bon Voyage Dept.

Is this true? If so, then you do not have to pre-purchase, in case they take it out of your suitcase.

Ya know I could have sworn I saw a post by HostMach that said it was true~? Not that I can find that post now~ but maybe he'll poke his head in this thread and correct me if I'm wrong~

I am pretty sure I read that too.

I think he said it was starting..so

usually that means it takes awhile to get to all the ships.

Thats where I saw it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1098946&page=30

post 591

Originally Posted by Host Mach viewpost.gif

Regarding the sales of bottles of liquor on board. As closed as they could come to pricing it's the same as from the Bon Voyage Department. They say that they pretty much never sell any.

I also priced 3 bottles of liquor on the Glory by calling room service and the prices were the same as Bon Voyage as well.

It's no wonder they hardly ever sell any - hardly anyone even knows that you can do this. There was no information provided about this service on the Glory so if you didn't know to ask, you didn't know it existed.

We didn't need to take advantage of this service this cruise! ;)

Has anyone recently purchased Bottles on board?

I saw somewhere that you can order a bottle of alcohol from “Room Service” at similar prices as the Bon Voyage Dept.

Is this true? If so, then you do not have to pre-purchase, in case they take it out of your suitcase.

When you order from Bon Voyage, your order is delivered to your stateroom. It is not shipped to you for you to carry onto the ship.

Your options boil down to

1) Don't worry about anything and just buy stuff from the bar.

2) Pre-order through Bon-voyage so you are guaranteed for it to be in your room.

3) Wait to board and hope Room Service will accommodate you (there have been people saying you can and people saying it didn't work as well, no idea on ship specificity).

or

4) Smuggle on your own and hope it makes it through.

I smuggled my first cruise, this time, because of the prices, we ordered a bottle of vodka through BV. Good luck! :)

When you order from Bon Voyage, your order is delivered to your stateroom. It is not shipped to you for you to carry onto the ship.

Your options boil down to

1) Don't worry about anything and just buy stuff from the bar.

2) Pre-order through Bon-voyage so you are guaranteed for it to be in your room.

3) Wait to board and hope Room Service will accommodate you (there have been people saying you can and people saying it didn't work as well, no idea on ship specificity).

or

4) Smuggle on your own and hope it makes it through.

I smuggled my first cruise, this time, because of the prices, we ordered a bottle of vodka through BV. Good luck! :)

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa Tenga I'll just add that you really aren't guaranteed it be in your room when you pre order through Bon Voyage!!!

I ordered a bottle of Bacardi when my sister and I went on the Glory a few years ago. The bottle was not in our room at sail away on Saturday, when I went down to make an inquiry at the pursers desk they said there was no record that I ordered (although I had paid for it when I ordered about 4 months BEFORE the cruise) I didn't print out reciept because I was sure it would all be on computer.

Long story short, they said too bad so sad till the Bon Voyage office opens on Monday. We did get our bottle 3 days into the cruise, but it was a bummer. I drink more in my first few days, then I poop out on it, since I'm not a big drinker in my land life ;)

Second time I ordered a bottle was on Spirit a year ago and it was in the room waiting for us.

If I had known you could order after boarding that is what I will do because of the bad experience the first time and how it was handled.

It did end up that it was delivered to the wrong room, and they didn't open it, just took three days for them to turn it in :rolleyes:

Cheers, Carole

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa Tenga I'll just add that you really aren't guaranteed it be in your room when you pre order through Bon Voyage!!!

I ordered a bottle of Bacardi when my sister and I went on the Glory a few years ago. The bottle was not in our room at sail away on Saturday, when I went down to make an inquiry at the pursers desk they said there was no record that I ordered (although I had paid for it when I ordered about 4 months BEFORE the cruise) I didn't print out reciept because I was sure it would all be on computer.

Long story short, they said too bad so sad till the Bon Voyage office opens on Monday. We did get our bottle 3 days into the cruise, but it was a bummer. I drink more in my first few days, then I poop out on it, since I'm not a big drinker in my land life ;)

Second time I ordered a bottle was on Spirit a year ago and it was in the room waiting for us.

If I had known you could order after boarding that is what I will do because of the bad experience the first time and how it was handled.

It did end up that it was delivered to the wrong room, and they didn't open it, just took three days for them to turn it in :rolleyes:

Cheers, Carole

Then I'll amend that to say "Guaranteed" as far as the alternative of smuggling goes where your bag may find the grouchy screener... :p And you still got your order, just not as expected. I would still think that until we know which ships are selling through room service and that it wasn't just some fluke, that it is a sales item of the department, that your best bet is still BV. I agree with you though, if I KNEW that my ship had that option, even if it wasn't an advertised deal, I would definitely deal with it on board. :D

We asked our pvp about this subject last week and was told that Carnival IS offering bottle service on board but it is up to the powers that be on each ship as to wether they do or not. He said that there is paperwork involved for the staff so they sometimes opt not to sell any to avoid the extra paperwork.:mad: The way he explained it was it was as whole for the ship, not just individual sales

We have always ordered liquor for our stateroom - and it is ALWAYS delivered just before we leave port. There have been a couple of occasions where there was a note in our stateroom when we arrived that stated we have a gift to be delivered, just call the number listed. It sure beats lugging the stuff in your suitcase, etc. I order depending on the length of our cruise and we are set. No hassels!

While on Triumph in 2007 we ordered several liters of rum from room service while on board. Bacardi was $40 a liter but still in the long run works out to be a cheaper alternative. I asked my PVP not too long ago if this was still the case and he said it is ship specific and to just give it a try when we get onboard. :)

I ordered a bottle from the BV dept. for our cruise next month. I'll be sure to bring the confirmation number with me after reading this!

exactly the best solution!!!

I was not objecting to the buying from BV, I was objecting the guaranteed, because the only sure things are taxes and death, otherwise Murphy's Law goes into effect from time to time.

Cheers, Carole

Archived