Norwegian questions from an RCCL cruiser

English Rose

More questions from another newbie!

I am going to be on an back to back on the Epic so I appreciate you may not know answers to all questions, but any feedback much appreciated:

Can I eat my breakfast at a table outside?

Is it hard to book tables for 6 (we are a group of 6)?

Can we just turn up at a restaurant, if not how do we book?

I'm used to RCCL pool entertainment, do NCL also do pool entertainment on sea days?

Are the pools fresh or salt water?

Is there a good teen club? (Ages 16 and 17)

Do NCL do aerobic classes in their gym?

Thanks!!!

More questions from another newbie!

I am going to be on an back to back on the Epic so I appreciate you may not know answers to all questions, but any feedback much appreciated:

I'm used to RCCL pool entertainment, do NCL also do pool entertainment on sea days?

Pool entertainment was a band that played on and off during the day. NCL has done way with many of the pool games.

Thanks!!!

I can answer some of your questions, but from the Gem. I don't know if anyone can answer certain questions about the Epic yet. On the Gem:

Yes, you can eat breakfast at the Great Outdoors.. outside

Don't know about a table for 6 but we never had trouble with a table for 2 or 4...

Some restaurants you need reservations and some (the specialty restaurants you need to reserve ahead) you can do that in areas set up for making reservations. From what I recall one was in the Garden Cafe during breakfast. There may be others as well.

The pools were salt water.

Can't answer about the teen club but people here give wonderful reviews of the kids clubs in general.

Not sure about classes in the Gym.

I think we'll have to wait for a couple of sailing on the Epic before we know anything for sure.

Yes. Several venues i.e Garden cafe and even the buffet station (action stations ) have usually a buffet set up outsode at the pool area.

No.

Yes, and you can book at the restaurant directly and if you have a suite your concierge can arrange that for you.

Please remember that the 'free' restaurants are first come, first served - just like any other restaurant. That probably won't change for the Epic.

Yes.

No idea.

Yes.

Yes.

That all sounds great. The one thing I dislike about the RCCL Freedom class is that there are no outside eating areas at all. Thanks for the reply.

I guess all your questions except the salt water one has been answered, unless Epic is different it is probably salt water but they filter system is so good it won't be like swimming in the ocean as the old ships were 30 years ago..You will hardly realize it as salt water.

Nita

English Rose.....id just like to say heyyyyyyy and welcome to NCL im a newbie as well with any cruise's and i hope we both have a great day...the closest im going to get to is EPIC is when i cruise JAN 2011 and it will be @ one of my ports if we dock close to it at all...i think there is 5 ships in port booked so far...only god knows if anymore will join us....have a safe trip :D:cool::rolleyes:

I told my sisters it shouldn't be that bad....they have been on a fair amount of cruises 2 carnival 3 ncl and they say they dont like it....it could be changed to regular water and they still might complain lol.....have a nice day Nita and thanks for the wonderful info on the pools :D

i told my sisters it shouldn't be that bad....they have been on a fair amount of cruises 2 carnival 3 ncl and they say they dont like it....it could be changed to regular water and they still might complain lol.....have a nice day Nita and thanks for the wonderful info on the pools :D

Archived