References about Your Lucky tour

Ghan27

• 2 weeks later...
¡anyone can help! I need references of this company

We just got off the carnival miracle on the 12th and used Equardo and it was the best tour of the cruise. Much better then using a ship tour and cheaper. We went to 4 or 5 different places including a grocery store to get coffee. He was great... took pictures and emailed them to us.. called us to verify we were coming and all that good stuff.. :):)

• 3 weeks later...

Have just returned from Equinox Ultimate Carribean cruise departing 29th March. We used Eduardo Humphreys of Lucky Tours for our visit to Costa Rica as we prefer smaller tours rather than large ones. We had read the limited reviews posted on this site and most seemed positive so thought why not.

We have to say that this was one of the best tours we have been on. Eduardo was waiting for us at the entrance to the cruise terminal with names on a board. We were a family of 3 and were joined by 2 other couples. Another couple were booked to join the trip but were not there. We waited 15 minutes but they did not show so Eduardo put us on the coach and we were driven to the canal for the boat trip-whilst we were doing this Eduardo returned to the cruise terminal to try to find the other couple as he did not want to dissappoint them if they had been late getting off the boat.

From there we went to the Del Monte banana plantation (as it was Easter Sunday it was closed) but Eduardo gave us an informative tour of the plantation and processing area. En route to this there were a couple of local lads with a sloth by the side of the road Eduardo stopped the bus so they could bring it on board for us to see. Most of us had no small dollar bills so he gave the lads some money out of his own pocket.

We went onto a local centre where they do ziplining etc if anyone wanted to have a go. We went onto a small farm with various flora and fauna and again he was very knowledgable. He then took us to Playa Bonita where we had lunch and some a swim. Following this we went to a local roadside fruit stall (interesting snake in the cage) On the return to the ship everyone wanted Costa Rican coffee so he took us to a local supermarket and advised us on various brands/grades etc.

This tour took about 7 hours and he only charged us $35 each. Food at Playa Bonita was extra but this only worked out at $10 per head including a tip.

We would highly recommend him his correspondence was excellent and what a great tour guide.

Here are the links website http://www.yourluckytour.com/index.html

e.mail yourluckytour@gmail.com

Your Lucky Tours-A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We just returned Wed, April 13th off of the Carnival Miracle. This was our 4th cruise and we have always taken Carnivals excursions. We decided that Carnival was too expensive and decided to take a chance on going off ship. I sent Eduardo an e-mail inquiring on the excursions with Your Lucky Tours. Within an hour my phone rang and it was a odd # so i decided to answer it and it was Eduardo. He was great. He was waiting at the terminal when we got there. Thank you so much to our guide Alexander, he had alot of info for us about Costa Rica. Zip line was fantastic. We also took a canal ride it was also great and our captain was great. We also had the opportunity to go to the banana plantation, I never imagined how bananas were processed, wow. Thank you so much Eduardo and your crew!

He is GREAT!

Hubby and I wanted something a little different from his regular tours. He booked a private taxi for us with a great driver (Juan). We met him while at the port and he introduced us to Juan. We had the perfect day.

Email him and/or check him out on Facebook. He will respond quickly.

This was the best tour of the whole cruise. We used Eduardo for our cruise trip to Costa Rica and did zip lining, Banana Plantation, and some additional stops along the way. It was a fantastic day and can highly recommend Eduardo. He was very responsive to all emails and as other poster mentioned, he even called on the phone. We received pictures from him after the cruise. You will not be disappointed. If we go back again, we will definitely use him. He is much cheaper than the cruise lines and gives you much more personalized attention.

We booked a tour with Eduardo from Your Lucky Tours. He was excellent communicating with us before the trip. We had a group of 7 people of all ages. He helped us customize a trip that would suit us all. Our tour guide, Edwin was waiting for us with a sign as we got off the ship. We took a nice air-conditioned van ride to the jungle boat tour of the canal where we saw birds, lizards, a sloth, and caymans along with beautiful flowers and vegetation. From there we drove to a small farm. There was a sloth at the farm that you could pet (our 6-year old son loved that). We sampled fruit then took a tour of the farm. We saw bananas, pineapple, coffee beans & cocoa beans growing. They also pointed out many different plants and vegetation. We enjoyed the small farm very much. We stopped at a roadside fruit stand where you could sample anything you would like (donation). Then we were off to the Del Monte banana plantation & packaging facility. It was very interesting. We then drove to Playa Bonita Beach where we had lunch. We had a beautiful view. We stopped at a souvenir shop on our way back to the port. We had plenty of time to spare. This tour was much better than we expected. It was very personal and tailored to what we wanted to see & do. Edwin was the best tour guide. I will definitely book with Eduardo & Your Lucky Tours the next time we visit Costa Rica.

He is GREAT!

Hubby and I wanted something a little different from his regular tours. He booked a private taxi for us with a great driver (Juan). We met him while at the port and he introduced us to Juan. We had the perfect day.

Email him and/or check him out on Facebook. He will respond quickly.

I have to agree with all the folks who have already posted. Eduardo called me at home, was very prompt with email answering all my concerns - we had never booked "privately" before plus my husband was nervous about the ziplining. Eduardo customized our tour to what we wanted to do - or not - he met us at the gate, Michael was our guide - he was a VERY safe driver - after ziplining, Eduardo was there asking us if we enjoyed ourselves. Very attentive and concerned that we have a great time, which we did. We were a group of 4, and the only complaint was that the taxi was a little cramped with 3 of us in back, so I would recommend maybe getting a little larger group so you can travel by van.

Don't be nervous about using them. Got back to the pier in plenty of time to do a little shopping.

Cheri/Montana

• 2 weeks later...

Defintely go with Eduardo and Your lucky tours. We had the best time. We went to the Tarcoles river and did a boat tour then we went ziplining at Los Vista Suenos. Eduardo will cater your tour to your requests. I planned our tour with Eduardo 6 months in advance and ended up with 22 people. Very quick to respond with e-mails or phone calles. 1/2 the price of the ship tours and much more fun.

happy sailing

Claudette

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise and I wanted to give you our review of Your Lucky Tours. Eduardo was our guide for the day. It was a specialized tour for us. It was me and my husband and our friends (family of 2 adults and 2 kids). Eduardo was great right off the bat. Very communicative from my first email to him. He worked with us on what we wanted to do. He met us at the gate holding a sign with our names on it. We had decided that we wanted to go to Cahuita National park so the boys could snorkel and we could hang out at the beach. The ride was about an hour and the sights were very cool. We did stop at a fruit stand and stopped along the way to try an spot some sloth's. Eduardo was very informative during the drive. We got to Cahuita and we dropped the guys off at a snorkel shop and then us girls and Eduardo headed about 3 min to Chauita Park. We saw white faced monkeys as we walked to a spot on the beach. Eduardo made sure we were okay and left us to hang out there for a bit. We met him back at the taxi and then when and picked up the guys. On our way back to the ship, we stopped at a market and got some local beers that were yummy (and cheaper) on that hot day. Then we stopped by a local grocery store to pick up some coffee. We were back to the ship with plenty of time. Eduardo/Your Lucky Tours were a great operation and we were very happy we chose to do our Costa Rica tour with him. We would not hesitate to use him again. :)

Thanks for the review!

We are planning on going to CNP and have a few questions if you don't mind?

What station did you enter from, Kelly Creek (closest to Cahuita) or Puerto Var gas?

How far of a walk is it to the beach? How long did you stay? Were there decent restrooms, snack food shack, etc? Did you hike any of the trail around the shore?

Did your guys snorkel at a location inside CNP and did they go the shipwreck spot?

Thanks!

Thanks for the review!

We are planning on going to CNP and have a few questions if you don't mind?

What station did you enter from, Kelly Creek (closest to Cahuita) or Puerto Var gas?

How far of a walk is it to the beach? How long did you stay? Were there decent restrooms, snack food shack, etc? Did you hike any of the trail around the shore?

Did your guys snorkel at a location inside CNP and did they go the shipwreck spot?

Thanks!

No problem. We entered from Kelly Creek. The walk to the beach is not far at all. You can walk about 100 yards or down the path a ways, which we did. We stayed about 2 hours. The rest rooms were not bad, not great. There is a little place to eat right there. We did not have time to hike the trail unfortunately. The part we did walk was very easy and nice and shaded.

I am not sure on the snorkeling. I know they were by a point where the reef was.

Hope that helps. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
The RCCL zipline tours have a minimum age of 12. My 8 year old want to go and Your Lucky Tour will accomidate him. Any recommendations out there?

When I went to Costa Rica, they told me in Cedar Valley Ranch they accept from 5 year old up, although some cruise lines have a different minimum age requirements. A parient or guardian must accompany youngster age 12 and under

• 2 weeks later...

We also booked with Eduardo Humphreys(he also has a facebook page with pictures and info..) He was the best! I have 2 small daughters and didn't want to be a burden to a big group. Eduardo set me up with a private tour for just the 4 of us. This was great and I would recommend asking him about it. There was no additional cost and so many benefits. We chose a tour on the Tortugerra canal, then went to a bananna plantation, on to a wonderful fruit stand, then a couple hours at a nice beach. I loved being able to go where I wanted when I wanted, the knowledge of the driver he arranged who was able to be a personal guide through the plantation (we past a huge group from the ship that was fighting for the opportunity to listen to their guide). Great tour, go with confidence the best one I have been on. we went on the Miracle in April 2010... Lucky Tours was great!

hi everyone............just booked a private tour for 4 of us in october......eduardo was super fast at returning several of our e-mail questions and modifying the tour to meet our needs..........the price quoted was excellent...........i have heard nothing but good reviews on lucky tours......and judging from his responses to our requests i am sure it will be the highlight of our cruise........... :)

cheryl and joe

Archived