Sapphire vs. Emerald vs. Secret Harbor

LindaCt

From Crown Bay (if you say Crown Harbor no taxi driver will understand where you want to go)it will cost you per person one way about $12 to either Secret Harbour or Sapphire. To Lindburg Bay ( Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel) it will be about $5 per person one way. There is no snorkeling at Emerald Beach, it is a sandy bottom and good swimming though.

Enjoy:) B.

Of the 3 of these beaches, which would be the picture-postcard, blue water, palm tree beach?

Also, is it easy to get a taxi back? (without having to arrange for a taxi to come back and get you - don't want to get stuck!)

I'm trying to figure out the best beach to hit for the day. Megans sounds like it's a mad house!

Well, I can compare two of them... we went to Sapphire Beach three years ago and just got back from Emerald Beach last week.

I found they were comparable in terms of beach, water, and beauty. I didn't see anyone snorkeling at Emerald Beach, and there were a few at Sapphire near the rocks at the far side of the bay, but I don't think it is what anyone would describe as "great" snorkeling.

Of the two, I preferred Emerald Beach, although I am not sure exactly why. I guess it just suited our purposes best; to lie on a beach chair in the sun and swim when we get too warm to lie in the sun :) The beach and surroundings just struck me somehow as "cleaner" than Sapphire Beach.

I had originally wanted to go to Magens Bay, but with 6 ships in port, including the Oasis of the Seas :eek:, we were warned it would be a madhouse. The taxi from Crown Bay was $5 pp, no more than a ten minute ride, and there was no problem getting a taxi to return. The drop-off/pick-up is actually at the Best Western Emerald Beach Resort, and you access the beach through the resort area. We did not have anything to eat or drink in the time we were there, but a waitress did circulate on the beach asking if anyone wanted a drink, and there was an open air bar and a restaurant at the resort that I believe we could have used.

It was a lovely relaxing day... no water sports activities available, no power boats that I can recall... just peace and quiet in the sun and water. Beach chairs available for rent; don't recall the cost, and shade is at a premium.

Have fun!

Archived